Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok..lets figure out titles.

Wow noone listened to what I said about the imp knights.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Go get butthurt about it Hasid.

Novastar, I think that's a good idea, but it would take a lot of work to get it started. I still like just having the titles we have now, and then when someone deserves a custom title they get it.

Mi Gin Gon = Master of the Tune
    Lord Maul = TCSS Dr. Pepper Fetcher
    Madcow = TCSS Qui Gon
    Xwing = Master of the Posts
    SaberGirl = Strydur's Better Half
    Novastar = CF Sound Master

Those are all I can think of now. All of them except Novastar's were already in effect (or were about to) before the forum change.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Thats very mature of you.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    Wow noone listened to what I said about the imp knights.
    Hey! I listened.

You're "staying off the bandwagon on this one" and "emperor" rather than "empire."

Trouble is a lot of other people are offering up tit bits of info about imp knights and I haven't a clue who's bang on without doing all the research myself! You guys are teaching me. I'm just lurking at the mo!

I mean I'll go along with all this and have a bit of fun but the truth is I just love tinkering with sabers and want to make something pretty special but am waiting for the parts to turn up. I don't get why someone would want a sith title but call themselves jedi, then want to change to grey and probably back again.

I agree completely that if you're going to have ranking then it ought to be based on quality rather than quantity of posts but I gotta role with what you've got running already haven't I?

I sort of got the impression from Tim's post that us guys rating each other might be more trouble than its worth because lets face it, if you rub someone up the wrong way once by simply having an opinion your rep might get trashed for good. You could end up with a false rating system like with ebay where so many sellers won't post positive feedback for a good buyer until that buyer posts positive themselves. Well what if the seller didn't deserve a positive rating but the buyer did? What's going to keep a rating system honest on this site over others? Or has someone got to spend time dealing with disputes about feedback?

Seems even ranking yourself isn't hassle free though!

honestly programing a rating system thats based on feedback from other members wouldn't be easy, from a programing standpoint it's not that big a deal, but you need to figure out titles first, and integrating it with the PHP board code may not even be possible.

IMO the reason the number of posts = rank thing is so prevalent in internet boards is because it's easy to do and fairly accurate, if a person is a tool they'll probably get themselves banned long before they get a high post count, if a person has a really high post count especially on a small board like this one, they probably have a lot of knowledge on the subject, and are proven to at least not be a tard.

my two cents on forum ranking systems.

cookies to NovaStar i say, not sure how much work would be involved in setting it up, but it should not be too hard to code into a profile.
    FSM What's on your belt?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

"Rebel cookies"

Will they have chocolate chips? 'Cause if they do, I definitely want in on that action.

If they have raisins, I'm casually indifferent...

How about 987654321a- Master of the Quiet Lol.

jk.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Barmic Rin - Generally nice bloke.

Go on Tim & Sabergirl!!! You know you wanna!!! LOL!!!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Will the grey side ever have it's own titles? The Imperial Squire, Warrior, ect. sounded good, so maybe Tim will use those?
    The grey side aren't jedi so they shouldn't have the same titles as the light side. I'm sure Tim is busy so I don't want to be pushy but I do hope that the titles will be changed in the near future.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>