Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone want their lightsaber built in 3d?

Hi

This is the saber im planning on building soon. It would be nice to have a 3D rendering to send to Tim for the custom work. Some of the parts i dont know the dimensions so i just took a guess, if you know the exact dimensions feel free to modify the design to correct this.

No rush on this. Whenever you get the time.
    Thanks again. its really cool that your doing this for everyone and so far every one of your renders looks great.
    awesome job!!

Here's a saber I am currently working on. I am quite pleased with how it has turned out thus far, but there are some things I want to do to it and I'd certainly like to see it in 3D before I go hacking up more brass:

All the parts currently white will be sating black, and the brass will eventually be polished up to a high luster. The pommel will also end up being sating black.

What I want to do is cut a shroud to angle down from the top of the saber, so the emitter has a "v" of sorts for an opening, but the bottom section would be further back than the top part. The shroud would cover a good portion of the foremost white piece and there would be a rib that runs the length of the body and would terminate at the rear of the saber. Convaluted, I know, but I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

As for measurements of each section, I don't have them. The saber in the picture is right at 12" long as it is right now.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Aww... black? I was hoping for high gloss white.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

what are you using for thw white ribbed section, that seems to fit inside of a 1.5 sink tube?

nice cover/sleeve by the way..

I recently just found some 1.5 brass tubing myself..along with some copper tubing that fits INSIDE a 1.5 snuggly..and a another size that fits OVER 1 .5 snuggly..

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband View Post
    Aww... black? I was hoping for high gloss white.

Seriously? You're the second person who said they preferred white to black for this saber. I've always preferred black to accompany brass...but I do have a white gloss epoxy.

Hell, let's see it with white and maybe it'll grow on me.

So, what I'm understanding is that you'll make a 3-D representation of a hilt if we give reference-pictures? Neat. If I may:

This blade-holder

This "choke" section

This hilt-section

This pommel

And this MPS insert.
    Please and thank you.
    I am the son of a Tusken Raider and a Dathomiri Force-Witch. Which half of my ancestry would you rather face today?

Okay folks, due to a sudden rush of requests I will not be accepting new requests until I can catch up. I have 7 requests now and none of them started yet. I will get to the current people who have outstanding requests soon.

I'll be accepting requests once again soon. I'm sorry if this inconvieniences anyone, but I'm only human

And I'm glad to see everyone wants their sabers rendered, I really apreciate it

Maverick

Our first saber on my large backlist is from Tom Starkiller.

Here she is.

Beauty shot

This saber turned out different than the picture I was sent. It's not 11 1/2 inches long as indicated, its actually around 9 3/4 inches long, which is close to 3.83 centimeters. Quite short.

And it's also using the new switchhole I made with accurate dimensions from Er Dan. Thanks again man The switch is also accurate as well, made from blueprints for the actual switch itself.

Also, you can see I don't have a screw for the covertech knob I use. Well, my secrets out now

I hope you like it Tom

Maverick

Thanks, it looks awesome.

PS, what happened to the V-grooves? :P

I think I have my first build

Awesome work Mav, now work that list down so that I can be a pain and make more requests? :P

Well, I made it at 5 in the morning @_@ Sorry about that x_x;;;

I'm glad you like it Tom