Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone want their lightsaber built in 3d?

Thanks, and now, I'm off to bed

Lol go sleep XD I'll have this done in the next few days

Default Or maybe now

Took a lot less time than I though.

Dimensions. The super hard to read ones with 6's showing are 3/16", and the ones with 2's are 3/32"

Beauty shot

And this one I made just for fun

Hope you enjoy 8 )

And now for a little announcement. I will only be taking one design at a time. This is for 2 reasons. 1: so im not backlogged with a bunch of sabers, which leads into the second reason, 2: so people aren't stuck waiting for me to start their design.

This is intended for fairness, as well as me not killing myself making a bunch of sabers in a few days time @_@

School will also be starting for me in roughly 2 weeks and I will most likely busy. Sabers will probably take around a week instead of a few days or a single day.

Also, I restate my request that designs have dimensions. I'm not reffering to anyone in particular, it'll just make it easier for everybody (and for me n_n), and you'll get your saber render quicker.

Well, shop is open once again n_n
    Last edited by MaverickJsmith; 01-07-2008 at 07:30 PM.

Damn that Rawks!!!

Thanks, I now know what my first saber will be

Great work Maverick!!

Glad I could help.

Accepting new disigns once again.

Man, I am retarded. I can't even get started getting things on my screen. I downloaded everything I need (I think) and I guess I'm having problems importing the files of the saber pieces into SketchUp. What EXACTLY do I need to do to get it working somewhat right? Computer stuff might as well be written in Japanese because I can't understand a thing.

I think we need a topic about how to set up sketchup lol

SEMI LONG POST ALERT!

Okay First, unzip the file to wherever. I'd suggest the My Documents folder since sketchup wants to look there anyway. You might have to make a separate folder for the files I don't remember.

To start, go to file, click on Open, and pick a pommel. You'll have to flip them over. Right click and say flip, on blue direction. Now there'll be a handy set of crosshairs on the pommel. Hit L on the keyboard or click on the pencil in the toolbar, this is the line tool. It will be your best friend. Click on the center of the crosshairs, and hit the up arrow on the keyboard, this will lock the line tool in drawing vertically. Just draw a line straight up. After you draw it it will want to start another line, just hit space. Now, go to file, import, and pick the next part you want. Put it anywhere. Hit M (this is the move tool, another friend) and change your view until you can see the crosshairs in the piece you want to add, click on the middle of the crosshairs and move the cursor over to the end of the line. You now have your part lined up. All you need to do is slide it down. Hit M again, click on the bottom edge of the piece, and hit the up arrow again. This lock the piece moving only up and down. Move the cursor to the edge of the pommel where itll connect. Bam, you just added a piece. Repeat this until you you're done making your saber.

Sometimes sketchup freaks out when you're trying to stick a piece onto your guidline. Just change the view around until it goes on correctly.

Also some of the functions are like in word, undo, redo, copy, paste.

Some of the pieces don't have crosshairs in them so you'll have to draw your own on them.

I hope I was helpful. I know it's a long read but thats the basics of it.

If you have any questions, go ahead and email me or get me on MSN or Yahoo
    Last edited by MaverickJsmith; 01-10-2008 at 04:56 PM.

Sorry for the double post. I would have posted these up earlier but comcast decided to do maintenance and my internet ground to a halt. I had to call the find out what the heck was up.

Anyway, I present to you my latest work, Malaki Skywalker's Bryar saber.

EDIT: Malaki requested changes so here they are.

The Aeternus eternus: Eternal, everlasting, without end.

Side view

Front view

Beauty shot

Her new length is an intimidating 12 and 3/32 inches.

She turned out great, I love this saber can't wait to see it made.
    Last edited by MaverickJsmith; 01-13-2008 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Changes requested by Malaki

Just what i wanted! Like i said i have monkey skills at measurements, but it came out extremely accurate, better then the pics i gave you! Thanks MaverickJsmith!

There is a minor edit, send me the dimensions over MSN
    Last edited by Malaki Skywalker; 01-11-2008 at 12:50 AM.

Well, I probably have the worse computer known to man at work...and thats the only internet access I get. The screen starts blinking and nothing works when I tried to do anything on sketchup. Boo. Well, I guess I could ask Maverick to do a design for me.