Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone want their lightsaber built in 3d?

Default Anyone want their lightsaber built in 3d?

Greetings all.

I would like to know if anyone would like their Lightsaber design done in 3D.

I use sketchup, and tayjuswinn's MHS Components he made for it (many thanks), and can crank a saber out rather quickly. If it's using the standard MHS parts I can whip one up in about 15 minutes. If it's using a mix of custom parts and MHS parts, it can range from about an hour to several. If it's all custom, about a day.

I can design custom sabers as one piece, or MHS style so they can come apart for battery changing, repairs and such.

This is a free service that I am offering. I do it for myself for the enjoyment of making lightsabers, and I'd like to be able to do it for others.

A few examples of my work

Kyle's saber from Jedi Knight (yeah I know, it's really Que Rahn's saber)

A custom I've had in my head for a while

A random saber I made

If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me. Or you can reach me by Yahoo or MSN.

At this time, I can start working on a design sent to me immediately, but that will change when the spring semester of school at my local college starts.

Designs sent to me should have dimensions. Please, I beg you, it's so hard to eyeball dimensions and get them right. I can do it, but it will greatly increase the ammount of time it will take to finish your design, and most likely will not look exactly the same.

Many thanks to tayjuswinn for making his MHS Components for Sketchup.

Anyway, shop is open
    Last edited by MaverickJsmith; 01-02-2008 at 04:26 PM. Reason: forgot to add credit for tayjuswinn, DOH!

Smile My SketchUp components

Maverick,

Did you see this thread: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=3671 ?

I posted the components I developed in SketchUp for myself as well for folks to piece the components together. The parts probably aren't exactly accurate, and the "crosshairs" are essential to aligning everything, but I'm hoping folks find it useful.

I might take you up on that offer maverick, any chance that missing components could be added for download though? Such as the Thin neck? Might help with visulisations.

Default Oh good lord I forgot the credit!

I'm so sorry tayjuswinn! I forgot to add credit for you Sketchup components! After trying to figure out how to post pictures in the forum, it slipped my mind,but that's no excuse. Many appologies.

I'll fix my post right now.

As for the missing components, claws would be neat I have a friend who wants me to make him a saber, but I don't have claws, and my previous attempt at making them wasnt the best.

And Tom, I love that saber of yours in your sig Great use of that thin neck. I pretty sure I can make it in sketchup, from what I've seen, I'm pretty sure I can make it in Sketchup accurately.
    Last edited by MaverickJsmith; 01-02-2008 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickJsmith View Post
    And Tom, I love that saber of yours in your sig Great use of that thin neck. I pretty sure I can make it in sketchup, from what I've seen, I'm pretty sure I can make it in Sketchup accurately.
    Thanks, but which one lol.

I intend on making both at somepoint

I intend on getting money to buy the parts at some point as well XD

The top one To tell you the truth, when I first saw your sig..I saved it onto my computer. I really like that saber of yours

If you are interested, give me a ring on yahoo or msn. I've been looking at your design for a while now and I'm pretty sure I can hammer it out in about a day.

Well, I'm hoping more people get interested

Thanks! I'm not sure an the accuracy of the Emitter shroud length, but go by the picture rath than the labeled dimension

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x...ompilation.jpg
    Last edited by Tom Starkiller; 01-04-2008 at 03:40 AM.

I'll get on it

How do you want the pictures? PM or here in the thread?

In the thread, good luck

Hey Tom, quick question.

The sabers almost done. Since I have to make the thin neck section, do you want me to match it to the picture or make it to its actual dimensions?