Thread: Crystal Focus trick

Default Crystal Focus trick

I had an idea... so I tried it - works great!

If you're like me and not to interested in the force feature of Erv's board. Problem is - I keep activating the force sound when I'm trying to do a blaster deflection scene.

Here's the trick - you can use it as a second blaster sound!

All you do is keep the force enabled (in the config file), and use one of the clash sounds that sounds like a blaster deflection or make a new sound file. Copy and paste the sound into your sound bank file and call it "force.raw".

The result is that you get a second distinct blaster sound when you happen to trigger the force effect.

Cheers,
    MC

Hmmm. That sounds pretty cool, I may have to break out the SD card reader and make some changes and give that a try!

Thanks madcow!

Exactly, Mad. This is basically the idea behind any "specially" triggered sound on CF.

I have, on one saber (for example):

[blaster sound] ... is actually setup to play a long Lightning effect
    [force sound] ... is actually setup to play a long Choking effect
    [lockup sound]... is still a lockup sound, but could conceivably be something else too!

The way I see it--you want to configure it per the saber type... per the user... per what you think you'd "use" the most...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide