Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Bulk manufacturing of Crystal Focus V3.0 : we need you !

Ervus saberboard sapien. Thank you for all the work you have done so far Erv. Even though I have not been able to order a board yet, I will soon. But I really appreciate all of the manual labor and brains you use to make the cf's, and I hope you can continue to produce these boards no matter what. I think even though the boards are expensive we would all be lost without you and the cf's.
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

yeah no doubt erv what a craftsman. I can't wait to get mine missed the last one, but i won't miss the next

side note maybe we should all battle for place in line that might get rid of a few buyers lol

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

Its alwase been first come first serve,
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

yeah we all know

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

Mr. Abe Lincoln

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

I like the Idea of maybe letting a few of us who haven't got one maybe get a chance to order before somebody, say that has 2 or 3 or is building for somebody else, can. I will follow whatever the process is but if I miss the next one thier might be blood lol.

Mr. Abe Lincoln

The only two things I can imagine Erv could do in order to avoid a repeat of the accidental "Europe only" 2-hour flashfire sale (lol):

1. This time, release during the U.S. hours... aka--the OTHER side of the world. This has a weird drawback that Erv might have to be up in the middle of the night ... which is not cool--he has a wife and child.

2. Release X boards during blah o'clock... then another X boards a few hours later, and again... and again, etc.

Other than that... we'll just have to all hope that those who already have boards (like MYSELF) will *NOT* be purchasing (I didn't last time, nor was I planning to do so), and maybe also... if someday, some folks can be set up to help solder all the parts on a board + test + verify and program and help Erv double or triple his ability to get them out there.

Until then... Erv is only one dude with two hands. A COOL dude... a FAST one... but... still--1 dude, 2 hands. Lots of sabers.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Europe only? i'm sure some of you boys the otherside of the pond got some, whilst us (bitter, resentful) Brits didn't!!!!! LOL!!!!

I like the 2-shift idea, but it's up to Erv. Plus some of us are up until 1am regularly anyway! LOL!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

I was thinking about :
    - a saturday
    - evening time (French time, Paris, Madrid etc), like 8PM.

this way it works for :
    - hard workers, people who are coming home during the WE only, sales men who are on the road during the week etc
    - teenagers / kids. Easier access to a computer / internet during the WE.
    - US west coast => 10 AM there. Not too early so that they have time to wake up, make the kid's breakfast and jump to the computer with a coffee

how is this ?
    Erv'
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

I think that should suit everybody. Except the aussies! LOL!!!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

It's a great idea. Me, I'm glad since I'm not planning on grabbing any--who else knows better than I how scarce these boards are, and I'd rather let an eager 1st-time buyer (especially if they are like 18 or something!) get one instead of me get another one!

Besides... I haven't even completed all the CF I have into sabers! How fair is that? I mean maybe SOMEone out there SOMEwhere just has like 6 to 10 CF sitting around "waiting" for a project or are promised to a project... ya never know!

Finally I just say... watch out if any Wookies are looking for CF. I'd propose a new strategy: let the Wookie win.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide