Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulk manufacturing of Crystal Focus V3.0 : we need you !

Default Bulk manufacturing of Crystal Focus V3.0 : we need you !

Hi !
    I'm posting in a new topic, hoping that it's going to be turned into a sticky so that everyone has a chance to read it, instead of burying it inside the 47 page topic about buttered toast.

As most of you know, I've soldered by hand close to 60 boards for the latest batch of CF 3.0. I really can't do that anymore. First because of the time it takes, second because I'm having some change in my day job, I'll move to another research department to focus on gestural research and sensor technology, and I might have less time, and third because the new motion sensor I'm using is difficult to solder despite of my experience.

I'm currently looking for some manufacturers to get my boards made in bigger quantities, but before I can ask for real quotes, I need to fetch for the number of possibly interested people.
    So : please send me an email (NO PRIVATE MESSAGES) or use the contact form of the website, INDICATE IN THE SUBJECT "Crystal focus Interest" and include
    - your pseudo
    - your name
    - your location / country
    - How many board(s) you are willing to purchase

I'm going to reach people also using my "product notification". Please don't answer twice

Thanks,
    Erv'
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

wow i get to be the first to reply

I live in ontario canada and my name is Chriss
    I would definitly want 1 or 2. Thanks erv
    a wise man once said "dont try to be a great man....just be a man"

pipster,
    you only the first for NOT READING my instruction
    Thanks for deleting your post and follow my instructions...
    Erv'
    Props Electronics

Well, SOME of us read a post or Email fully before replying!

(sent mine earlier Erv! I'm not in a rush for mine, but definitely have my cash winging it's way to you soon!)
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

that's really good, I'm getting a lot of anwsers. Thanks everyone for showing up, that will definitly help.

key points :
    - for sure, I'm not going to order "just the quantity". Probably twice the quantity, and even more.

- be sure I understand that for some of you, Crystal Focus is a ghost, and you've missed all the batches. Well, I'll say that in 2 years I built more than 300 boards, that's close to 3 per week. Not bad for a single person The thing is that it started slowly, but most of the 300 boards have been made in about a year actually.

- the idea is to order enough to get a good prince, but not to store boards for too long, simply because firmware & software isn't everything : what would I do with many unsold boards when I want to make a new hardware version (if micro SD becomes affordable for instance).

- to those who said in their email "I'm interested but not before march", don't worry : manufacturing a board takes several month, even if it's more or less an established design. I need to get a quote (1 month in general), discuss the shipping options, fund the whole thing and send the green light to start the manufacturing process, then receive the boards. I'm going to start NOW, but think about march as a possible ETA

Again, thanks for your interest, CF is rising "BECAUSE" you are using it
    Props Electronics

that's really good, I'm getting a lot of anwsers. Thanks everyone for showing up, that will definitly help.

key points :
    - for sure, I'm not going to order "just the quantity". Probably twice the quantity, and even more.

- be sure I understand that for some of you, Crystal Focus is a ghost, and you've missed all the batches. Well, I'll say that in 2 years I built more than 300 boards, that's close to 3 per week. Not bad for a single person The thing is that it started slowly, but most of the 300 boards have been made in about a year actually.

- the idea is to order enough to get a good price, but not to store boards for too long, simply because firmware & software isn't everything : what would I do with many unsold boards when I want to make a new hardware version (if micro SD becomes affordable for instance).

- to those who said in their email "I'm interested but not before march", don't worry : manufacturing a board takes several month, even if it's more or less an established design. I need to get a quote (1 month in general), discuss the shipping options, fund the whole thing and send the green light to start the manufacturing process, then receive the boards. I'm going to start NOW, but think about march as a possible ETA

- thanks to all you guys who took the time to send me kind messages in this christmas season, to writing some warm words + kuddows

Again, thanks ALL for your interest, CF is rising "BECAUSE" you are using it
    Props Electronics

E-mail sent. Topic = STICKIED.

I'll do whatever I can in order to help...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Default The Keeper finely goes big

Behold the power of mass production. Soon the ghost will be no longer. and we all will be one step closer to real sabers.
    Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of in·san·i·ty!
    Witty Quote

Spoon fEeD A nOOb

So... I had like an average of 80 boards, at least. Thanks for that, it's going to help a lot to get a quote rapidly. I'm going to contact a compagny today I think.
    Erv'
    Props Electronics

Hi Erv,

I am looking for your email info, I didnt see one on your profile and I looked on your website... Could someone direct me to the email address? I also have not used the 'contact form' yet and am unsure where/what it is.

Pre-appologising for the noobsauce question
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."