Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My led saber

I'm not try'n to take away from tims buisness but, <font color="red">-edited- Then please dont post links to other sites.</font id="red">

Those who live by the sword, will die by the sword

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vadeblade

Well, Based on the picture, it looks like there is no optics mounted at all. adersondasilva, you need to purchase optics to shoot the light up the blade. Five or ten degrees spotlight colminator lense, like what Tim sells.

Also, hard to tell if the Luxeon LED is Lambertian or Batwing with the LED on. Take the LED out of the hilt, and take a picture of the LED from a side view with it turned OFF (please remember to use macro on the camera)

Thanks,
    -V

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."

http://www.geocities.com/projectstm/lightsaber.html
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thx... my optics are attached to the blade, cause they look like a little screw, so I pasted it inside the blade, very close from the LED. And, as Xwingband said, It's a lambertain one. thx dude

Isn't luxeon a company with international distributors for their items? Perhaps using a search engine on Luxeon could give you a local source. Me? I'm sticking to CSS, but I've got the benefit of being only 3 time zones away.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Erik

Isn't luxeon a company with international distributors for their items? Perhaps using a search engine on Luxeon could give you a local source. Me? I'm sticking to CSS, but I've got the benefit of being only 3 time zones away.

Isn't all of the US 3 time zones away?[]

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

if you count hawaii through new york, it is 7-8 timezones depending on daylight savings (hawaii doenst observe it being in the tropics and all)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yup, the conituous US is what I meant really. With Tim in WA even people like me in the east are only 3 times zones away.

<center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font size="3"><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

Yup, the conituous US is what I meant really. With Tim in WA even people like me in the east are only 3 times zones away.

<font color="purple">Ok, the Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation Nazi is rearing her ugly head again. </font id="purple">

<font color="purple">That's "contiguous" US</font id="purple">

<font color="blue">con·tig·u·ous
    adj.
    Sharing an edge or boundary; touching.
    Neighboring; adjacent.

Connecting without a break: the 48 contiguous states. </font id="blue">

<font color="purple">Sorry, couldn't resist. []

I'm in So Cal, so I'm in the same time zone as Tim. Maybe. If they have the same stupid Daylight Savings time thing as we do down here, that is.</font id="purple"> </font id="size3">

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

lol, you like doing that everywhere don't you.[] I had forgotten the exact word and mis-spelled it (I'm a weary person at the moment so my grammar is going down the toilet)... but continuous works just as well and it's just tradition. Most don't even know what contiguous means anyway.[][]

I'll catch you someday here or on TFN and correct you too.[]

<center>

My wife gets on my case for bad grammar and improper word usage, but she was an english major, no offense to the spelling, grammer, and punctuation nazi, but as long as we get the gist of what is trying to be communicated isn't a little bad grammar easy enough to look over, in lieu of the problems trying to be resolved?

Man... nothing like a run-on sentence to clear up that whole grammar thing.

[] j/k

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will.