Thread: Yet another new guy question

Default Yet another new guy question

I have to say to all involved. Awesome site and that does not begin to cover how useful and fun you all involved make the activity.

Now on to my questions. I have a RotJ Luke saber that the blade has taken some damage. We all know we are big kids at heart. I have taken note of some guting the saber for it's sound and built from the ground up hilt to blade. Better to make something special than box it up and put it away. I was looking at the tutorial kits and not Luke kit. Then I decided to build my own hilt and again use the guts from the fx and attach a superior blade. Just need to know where to start and what is needed. Any and all help is appreciated.

Start here:http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/fo...forum.php?f=30

That will give you all the overviews, then go down to the bottom of the forums and read all of them.

This probably won't answer all your questions (It didn't mine) but it will let you know what your questions are and how best to ask them.

Have fun and welcome to the obsession :)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Also, check the Thread Index thread Stickied right in this forum.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

first off.. welcome to this madness known as saber smithing.lol.
    second, be careful at what "newbie" questions you ask. some of the forum-ers dont like when newbies ask questions that have been answered a million times in the threads. they snapped at me so i know first hand.lol. but pretty much everything you need to know about building a saber, whether it be EL or LED or just a conversion, are in the tutorials... good luck, have some fun (make sure you post some pics of what you build) and welcome again.

Your talking about an mr luke right?

Well someone on another forum got an mr maul conversion kit and had tim turn it down a little bit to make it fit. Iam sure some vigerious sanding will acheave the same thing.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Sith Lord

That was Darth Morbius Hasid. He had Tim turn down 1/2 a inch on the emitter end of the kit, so it sticks out.

Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Yes that would be me that did it...

But please yake note that I am NOT using the stock internals of the saber AT ALL.

It's using a CF 3.0 and Li-Ions to run a Lux V green (Pics as soon as humaly possible I PROMISE!)

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Morbius View Post
    Yes that would be me that did it...

But please take note that I am NOT using the stock internals of the saber AT ALL.

It's using a CF 3.0 and Li-Ions to run a Lux V green (Pics as soon as humanly possible I PROMISE!)
    hmmm, now you got me rethinkin my luke ANH with CF. I just happen to have a shell of a luke ROTJ. Darn it! decisions, decisions.

BLUE 3- Ready