Thread: LaserSabers - Made with lasers?

Default LaserSabers - Made with lasers?

I stumbled upon this website awhile back but only recently found it again. Now, a Luxeon is a class 2 laser but what about using actual beam lasers for a blade? From what I've seen, the benefits would be smaller required hilts to house all the electronics (save for maybe sound, but I've not found how LaserSabers achieves that).
    Anyone have one of these? I'm considering picking one up if no one else can vouch for them, they seem to be fairly cheap. Are they worth it? Are they bright enough? Any thoughts or ideas?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

They use a ball bearing to get the up/down... it's a pretty crappy solution. Not to mention breaking the blade would be bad...

The beam is all too thin. Luxeons are a better way... at least if you flash your eyes with a Lux you may no go blind, with a laser you will without a doubt go blind.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

with leds you get blade effects, sounds of all sorts, and infinate ideas. with a lazer its pritty lame. I actuallylooked this up, some of the lazers that lazersabers uses are actually illegal in the states.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I looked at replicated this same ball bearing technology with luxeon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFwuVfn21zk

I wouldn't use that in anything else then a non-dueling show blade. The whole concept is dangerous as hell.

The addition of a laser replacing the led is even more dangerous.

Add to that the higher price of that technology and you end up with something that I don't suggest in acquiring.
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

All makes sense to me, thanks for your input guys!

Lasers & Lightsabers? NO!!!!

Lasers & Sharks? Yes!!!!

For practicality, functionality, safety & legality, Luxeons FTW everytime!!!!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?