Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MHS Mara Jade ALMOST DONE

Default MHS Mara Jade COMPLETED

Well...I almost have her finished. I say almost because the most tedious task still remains....those pesky grips. BUT...the rest of her is done.

I finally finished the switch assembly last night and thought I would post a few pics. I'll post a final version in the gallery once the grips are on. Please note final cleanup and polishing hasn't been done yet

She'll be run off of a MR FX board with a Red Lux III.

All the parts are MHS except for the activation box, which is Parks.

Cheers.

FULL

SWITCH

FULL3
    Last edited by Kamurah; 12-26-2007 at 03:40 PM.

Man!!!! That IS NICCCCEEEEEE!!!!!!

I was looking at doing a 'more masculine' version for a mate of mine, but that looks so cool!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Thanks BR

I am actually making this one for my wife. She said of all the saber designs, this version of the Mara Jade looked the most "H.R. Giger-ish" to her.....so I figured I had to make it for her :P
    May the Schwartz be with you...

Very sweet, very sweet indeed!
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Wow. That's a great looking saber.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

N-I-C-E

Did you put O Rings in the grooves in the hilt, or paint them?
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Thanks guys...I appreciate the comments

Maul: It's enamel paint. The biggest pain with that one was masking all those rings properly and then doing cleanup of the overspray / seepage a day later with acetone and about a bazillion q-tips....but I like the way it turned out so I guess it was worth it.

Giger-ish... Odd... I don't see any naked female alien genitalia anywhere on that lightsaber... Anyway I have a question. How tall is that control box?

Quote Originally Posted by TimeRender
    Giger-ish... Odd... I don't see any naked female alien genitalia anywhere on that lightsaber... Anyway I have a question. How tall is that control box?
    LOL.....I agree.....but, her words not mine...I've stopped trying to understand and just go with it.

Control box is 3/4th of an inch. For the total height, add another 1/10th of an inch for the bottom sleeve, which is a halved MHS sink tube adapter.

I think you pulled off that hilt design very nicly.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics