Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: MHS Mara Jade ALMOST DONE

Thanks Hasid but I still have those @#$% grips to contend with....am terribly afraid I will botch the whole thing....which would make me cry.

May the Schwartz be with you...

Nah just take it slow and if your unsure of them staying see if you can put some tiny tiny screws in place to hold them.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I'd suggest using a few screw down hose clamps to mount the metal strips to the handle before you begin the drill/tap process. That way you can be sure all strips are lined up right and if they don't but together end to end you can make sure they are spaced evenly. Tighten the hose clamps down tight and they'll keep the strips steady for the drilling/tapping.

That saber is gorgeous. Really nice work.

Thats cool, can't wait to see it finished. I was planning on making a Mara Jade MHS saber at some point myself, but that will be a while as I have other sabers to finish first.

Quote Originally Posted by B5813
    I'd suggest using a few screw down hose clamps to mount the metal strips to the handle before you begin the drill/tap process. That way you can be sure all strips are lined up right and if they don't but together end to end you can make sure they are spaced evenly. Tighten the hose clamps down tight and they'll keep the strips steady for the drilling/tapping.
    *blink*

I seriously would not have thought of that, good idea!

Well done Kamurah, can't wait to see it done.
    "Once you accept it, the dark side is with you forever."
    ―Freedon Nadd to Exar Kun

Default Mara Jade Saber

GREAT Saber, will you be putting a blade in it? If so what color will it be?
    Yattle

Default Re: Mara Jade Saber

Quote Originally Posted by yattle
    GREAT Saber, will you be putting a blade in it? If so what color will it be?
    Yattle
    Thanks

I will be using a Red Lux III driven from a MR Vader soundboard.

Got the grips installed this weekend. In the final stretch now....have some JB Weld to apply to hold spacers and the activation box....and then the electronics assembly, cleanup, and polish.

Man will I be glad when this one is done.....tapping 30 screws is time-consuming!

Grips aren't EXACTLY like the MR version...I changed it a bit...but it turned out interesting so it's all good.
    May the Schwartz be with you...

Default black middle section

Hey i love ur MARA JADE saber wow looks awesome,just have a question if you dont mind answering, how did you get the black in between the line cracks so perfectly? is that paint? did u use pint tape or something?? cuz it looks 100% perfect and it would really help me, thanks! and isn't mara jade supose to have a red blade? i guess purple or red u can use depending if you go with episode 7-9 which will be red, but the expanded universe she use's purple looks good either wat

please post back
    Master Yoda you survived, SURRPRISEd?