Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro sound module schematics and discussions

"Do or do not, there is no try..."

You should be just fine

Okay, I read through most of the posts, and I'm doing all of my own wiring for the first time. I hope this isn't too noobish of me, as I do try to do as much reading as possible before asking any questions.

I have a Force Action Obi Wan Hasbro board, one of the newest ones. I'm waiting on my LED to arrive, but I'm curious. I'm running 4 AAA's to the board, so that should be 6 volts, but someone mentioned that if I run the LED straight off the Hasbro board, that I won't need a resistor? Is that so? Or would I be better off just wiring the LED seperately? As in, off the same battery pack, but just not connecting it to the board and using a resistor?

I don't mind losing the clash flash on the LED so much, but if its possible it would be nice to have. I do have both an LED and the proper resistor on order, its a LUX III Amber and a 2.2 Ohm 5 Watt resistor according to the chart.

So, I'm guessing there are 3 possible setups, depending on what works...

Hasbro Board straight to LED, Hasbro Board to resistor to LED, or lastly, skipping the Hasbro board and using a seperate connection from the battery pack to run the LED on the resistor...

If you run the LED straight off the battery, you WILL need a resisitor. If you run the Lux off the board, it will be resisted already, and you will NOT need a resisitor.

I just bought the Hasbro Vader today, same as Obi, and I just ran the 4AAA with Lux hooked up to the board. Works great here.

Okay cool, so the board is like a built in resistor? Awesome. That means I can keep the clash flash yay! lol

Question xtra cut off wires

what do you do with all the extrapower cuttoff wires on the force actioin hasbro board?

Get rid of them. They're only used when the toy blade is retracted to turn-off the saber.

Default troubles...I need more POWER!

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post

Postitive input = Hook directly to positive on battery pack
    Negative input = Hook directly to negative on battery pack
    Negative output = Switched output to LED or could be used to trigger a relay in a EL setup

The positive for the LED/EL setup would come straight from the battery

Using the negative output on the sound module like this will have a flash on startup/shutdown and a flash on clash. What I mean by this is the LED will blink on and off fast for a few seconds during these times.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop
    the highlighted red -- meaning i nee a second switch? notunderstanding...if anyone has the schematic that went here i would love it...im running a seoul p4 and its nowhere near as bright as my 616. im trying to brighten the blade till i can get a 1000ma puck without drilling another hole for a latchin switch. fender told me the hasbro board im running only puts out 500ma. ive got a resister to put in place...help...please ive got a red lux III but im undrstanding it needs 1400ma

are any of these diagrams of the new hasbro sound boards from the new spring loaded sabers? Cause I am thinking of getting hasbro board to start out?
    "There are no Jedi who cannot be Seduced! With time they will all Fall. Do not underestimate the Temptations of the Dark Side!"

+LordBane+

This one is it.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

i have recently bought a Darth Vader force action light saber for parts and here is the diagram on how its wired. a bit different then lukes

kinda crapy, hope its readable
    Last edited by Danz409; 09-19-2009 at 03:49 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    best blaster refracting emitter... 450 Imperial Credits
    custom quadrinineum crystal... 1020 Imperial Credits
    droxsus catheum power cell... 400 Imperial Credits

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.