Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro sound module schematics and discussions

Although I have not tried it myself. I have read that the hasbro boards can usually take up to 6v, including the 2c ones. It was in a thread somewhere, it may have been an old one.

so that means a buck pucks out of the question?

Quote Originally Posted by LeMoel View Post
    so that means a buck pucks out of the question?
    No, just wire the inputs on the puck to the lamp outputs on the board. Also, I'd be very careful about giving an older 3 volt, 2-cell Hasbro board more than 4.5 volts, as they will burn up with more than that. I know, I've had it happen to me before. The only Hasbro's that can handle 6 volts are the newer boards that were used to light up an led array for lighting the blade.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

oh crap i forgot that a puck can run off of 4. 8 volts

Default eh?

Quote Originally Posted by recif77 View Post
    Of course you can use 3V as it was running on 2 C batteries. I was just thinking of using rechargeables batteries. But what i meant, you must not use MORE than 3.6V if you don't want to damage the hasbro board.
    And I think 3V or even 3.6V is not enough to run a luxeon.

You will have to use 4 AA rechargeable batteries (4.8V) or 3 AA alcaline batteries (4.5V) plus a driver and the hasbro board.
    Just tap into the 3rd AA's negative post and use the existing battery pack's + post, thereby only giving the hasbro board 3.6V with rechargeable batteries or 3V with non-rechargeable instead of 4.8V. Essentially, you're tricking the hasbro board into thinking there's only 3 batteries instead of 4. Since the NiMH batteries are 1.2V and non-rechargeables are 1.5V, you won't get EXACTLY what the board is used to, but that's ok. It's used to 3V normally, so 3.6V would be fine.

I hope this makes sense and helps you.
    Ok, sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I wanted to be very clear on the Hasbro boards. I have a battery holder. This battery holder holds 4 AA alkaline (non-rechargeable) batteries. Is it possible to use this to power the Hasbro board and the LED. I am overly concerned about the Hasbro board itself because I have already blown one of them. Should I scrap the battery holder idea and just build a 3 cell pack with battery bars? I think if I give the board, the maximum voltage it can handle, I can use the + and - LED leads with a resistor to power the LED. Am I wrong to assume this?

Which hasbro board are you using? I just finished wiring up the "ultimate lightsaber" electronics this morning. If it's that one, then 4 AA should be just fine since I'm using 4 AAA with mine. No resistor needed for a Lux K2 or III. Works just fine here. Best thing about these boards is it comes with the Luke ROTJ activation sound. Let me know if you need a diagram. I may have one up by mid-day.

Default battery

it is the vader force action electronic:
    http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/pro...duct_id=405383

It says it requires 3 AA batteries. One of them came with a 3 battery holder. They all have fuses built on the board. I think a voltage too high will cause the fuse to blow. However, on the card I did blow, I cut the fuse off and jumpered it with wire and it was still a dead board. So, I am speculating that these boards are very sensitive. I am thinking that if I wire an accent LED with the board that it will draw off some of the voltage from the four cells.

I would just say get a 4AAA holder and roll with that. I'm using that for that same sabre board and it works dandy with a nice looking Lux III LED.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Default shot

well I will certainly give it a try. I have a voltmeter so I will try and get things set as accurately as possible. Has anyone used and adjustable power supply and found out what the maximum threshold is? I have a power supply (modded ATX) and a potentiometer so I may give it a whirl and sacrifice a board for science.

I brought a simple Jedi costume with shirt, pants, sash and cloak and the guy threw in a hasbro Vader Lightsaber. Now I have a new toy to play with. Thanks for the wiring guides.