Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro sound module schematics and discussions

my most current attempt at a wiring schematic with a '95 Vader and a latching Corbin.
    will have a 5V regulator on there
    it is mainly based on the Habro relay setup posted earlier
    but would this turn the Corbin on nomatter what the Hasbro does?

BTW, how likely is the '95 Hasbro to fry at 5V?

mTm
    Last edited by mihunai; 04-20-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Ive been told that that wont work.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

For one thing, it looks like you have 2 power inputs going to Corbin driver.

I'm not sure why you're using a relay there. Is that supposed to be turning the Corbin driver on and off?

There are more problems than just this, but I'll let someone who's more familiar with using these boards than I am tell you what and why.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 04-20-2009 at 03:50 PM.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Mihunai, yes the corbin board will operate separately. There's no switch going to the corbin board, so if you leave it in the "on" position, your kill key will turn the blade LED on/off, but your switch will only turn the sound on/off. Know what I mean?

What do you want it to do? Do you want them to run at the same time with one switch? If so, this will not work.

Edit: don't know what you're doing with the relay there. Corbins can take a lot more than 5v and hasbros have shown to work fine at 6v.

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    Mihunai, yes the corbin board will operate separately. There's no switch going to the corbin board, so if you leave it in the "on" position, your kill key will turn the blade LED on/off, but your switch will only turn the sound on/off. Know what I mean?

What do you want it to do? Do you want them to run at the same time with one switch? If so, this will not work.

Edit: don't know what you're doing with the relay there. Corbins can take a lot more than 5v and hasbros have shown to work fine at 6v.
    i think '95 hasbros would porbably blow up at twice the normal voltage...
    new plan. wiring in series.
    ill try to figure out a wiring scheme with both boards wired in series, with the corbin switch soldered shut, so allways closed, and some voltageregulators/resistors to get 3V to the Hasbro, and the rest to the corbin. maybe going for a 9V battery...

mTm

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    This is the one I used
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062478

As far as type. Whichever type closes while current is applied to it, and opens when not.

One is the postive for the board. The negative output from the board goes through the relay and back out through the positve to the battery. This is controls the relay. When current is applied the relay closes and the LED turns on.

The other is the positive for the LED. The relay is acting as a switch on the positive line for the LED.

Here is the diagram again. It works great. Does anyone see a problem with it though?
    The black wire connected to the relay is the LED - from the board, right?

And the LED + is left unused, correct?
    "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i am not."

Hasbro + latching Corbin + Rechargeport/killswitch wiring scheme (minus quick-connects)

mTm

Quote Originally Posted by sfer1 View Post
    The black wire connected to the relay is the LED - from the board, right?

And the LED + is left unused, correct?
    Yes that wire is normally the negative for the light bulb. My particular board is an older hasbro, so it didn't have a LED +. It connected back to the postive on the battery. If your board has a LED + you should use it instead of wiring back to the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    Yes that wire is normally the negative for the light bulb. My particular board is an older hasbro, so it didn't have a LED +. It connected back to the postive on the battery. If your board has a LED + you should use it instead of wiring back to the battery.
    Thanks!

My board has a LED +. Which one of these two would be correct (A or B)?

Edit: Neither one was correct I removed the pics to avoid any confusions.
    Last edited by sfer1; 07-02-2009 at 10:23 AM.
    "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i am not."

Quote Originally Posted by sfer1 View Post
    Thanks!
    My board has a LED +. Which one of these two would be correct (A or B)?
    Well A is closer. You've got to make sure to hook up the relay correctly. Do you understand how they work? As current flows through the relay, in this case from LED - to LED +, it acts as a switch for the positive line between the battery and the buck puck.