Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: Hasbro sound module schematics and discussions

Couldnt find exactly where to put this...but I have a yoda lightsaber that lit up but made no sound. Thanks to the various replies on this fourm I was able to disassemble and troubleshoot my issues. I was able to get sound to the speaker but the problem is, the sound is very very faint/weak. Why would that be? Poor connection somewhere or a power issue?

I had the same problem, turns out i had some poor wiring/soldering connections within the battery/speaker compartment (MR Yoda). I was able to get sound back to the speaker but its now very faint...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    This is a schematic of a basic Hasbro board from a 1995 Darth Vader:

I added wires for the switch and also a seperate lead for the positive to the led:

The finished board, ready for use:

This would be best used with a Micropuck driver wired to the led leads, using a Lux I. These boards come from Hasbro sabers using 2 "C" batteries, and will run on 2 "AA" batteries.

I have the Luke version of this sound board from 97. It ran on 2 C batteries for 3V. I'm trying to install it into a hilt as I broke that saber casing years ago. The electronics, as far as I know, still work.

I have purchased a tri LED in green and a buck puck... In short, with the setup I have planned, I am worried about burning out the board. Does anyone have suggestions for a setup to use that would be more compatible with this board?

Sooo.....sorry to drag up a thread that's 12 years old, but would this be the "modern" equivalent of the Corbin driver in the original post?

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Po...r-20-P652.aspx

I'd like to try this out with a Vader toy I found at the local thrift shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gropey-wan Kenobi View Post
    Sooo.....sorry to drag up a thread that's 12 years old, but would this be the "modern" equivalent of the Corbin driver in the original post?

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Po...r-20-P652.aspx

I'd like to try this out with a Vader toy I found at the local thrift shop.
    Ummmm no. Not even close.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com