Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Any artists?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default Any artists?

Curious... Any artists here? I'm not one but I like to dabble and my major requires that you have at least some drawing skills even though they don't state it outright...

Here's a character from the SW Roleplaying board I'm on. See sig for site.[] I started and left it almost like a "colorized" B&W. I debated going for color or not and since a had scanned it I said "What the hell, go for it!"

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

That looks really good. She kinda looks like Mara Jade in a way, but with a whole lot more innocence. I draw but I'm the same way, I wouldn't call myself an artist in the drawing sense. I'm more of a craftsman with cars, boats, carpentry, and of course, now lightsabers.[] I'll get some stuff scanned and post them soon.

p.s. I like the colorized b&w more, it's kinda like Sin City or Hellboy. BTW, great job on the saber shirts and good luck.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, it did kind of remind me of the one comic with Mara Jade. There was a frame that was very similar to that. I'm really good friends with the girl that roleplays this character. She sent me her views of what the character looks like. I added my spin. I took her current avatar, the drawing she sent me and her model (Rachel Weisz) to make that.

I might send this to her if I decide it's finished for a V-day present. I'm already sending her something for V-day so wish me luck on that.[]

<center>

I'm an artist even though it's been a while since I've drawn anything, seriously, and I can't find my portfolio. ...Anyway! I can promise you she will be elated to receive that drawing. It looks very good.

Yup, I'm an artist. My career, actually. I've been the lead graphic artist for 4 years at the company I currently work at, and I do commission/comic work on the side.

If you're even slightly interested, visit my webpage (the link's in my profile).

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Bookmarked.[]

I may throw you some work if I don't feel up to something. I did have a request in at SWAG when it went under so perhaps someday.[]

<center>

Add another artist to the list[]! I have (like most of you) drawn all my life. Although I was never happy with any of them, I seemed to always see the flaws. That was until I wanted a tattoo apprenticship and had to have a portfolio. I was awarded an apprenticship that fell through after the artist moved. I then decided I would learn on my own. Everyone called me a scratcher- term used to identify a tattoo artist with no apprenticship. But as I was told by another tattoo artist- You are only a scratcher till your good, then nobody ever says it again. Anyway, I have been tattooing now for close to 5 years. I even did it as a buisiness for awhile. But armoring made me more money. I have even had people fly from other parts of the country for my work. One woman in particular fly from Maine to Az. to be worked on. Also, if you go to any strip club in Pheonix, Az. you are bound to see my work. They were a lot of my clients, I had a friend in the buisiness. Needless to say, I never heard the word scratcher again[].

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

I'm an artist, been drawing ever since I could hold a pencil or pen. =]

Only bummer is I've lost my inspiration for a little bit, just no will to draw, which is really going to hurt my skill. Although, I've been through some rough stuff in my life last couple months, so I'm sure I'll eventually pull through it and get back into it. Especially because I want to get some good art done since I would love to move onto an art college once I get my Associates degree.

I prefer the B & W one as well xwingband. It's a nice drawing.

---
    +he@lien])ragon

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I don't consider myself that much of an artist because I rarely draw as a creative outlet (Music is that outlet for me). I just always had that talent of I see it and I can draw it. That magic eye to hand ability to recreate anything. The B/W version took me about 15 minutes to pound out even with some mini-sketches to make sure I had the idea in my head. That's not even a measure of how well I can draw life.

It seems the consensus is the B/W is liked. I subtly asked her if she liked the drawing, and she did, so it's going to be sent to her. I can't go backwards and remove the color, but through the forsight to scan it I can do the next best thing. By the virtue of Photoshop and a kicka$$ printer I had forgotten I could just take the old version and print it onto another mylar sheet with about zero extra effort. So she'll get two.[]

Thanks guys. Start posting some drawings too![]

<center>

I would consider my self an artist though I'm not very good would be happy to post some work how ever I'm not sue how to post an image. I found the image button but I'm not sure what to do with after that. Do we but in the picture location from our computer and post or what. I'll try the first option and see what happens. Nope didn't work took out the broken picture.