Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Any artists?

I've never been much of a sketch artist, but I work a lot with CG and photography, and dabble in music and ceramics.
    I'm an avid fan of literature, both nonfiction and artistic.
    My carpentry and metalwork is almost completely for practical means (tools, parts, furniture).
    Though with my recent interest in costuming in general they've been used more and more for prop-making, both personal, and theatre.
    A decent sampling of my visual arts and writing is available on my dA page: http://www.kurai-shinzou.deviantart.com.
    I'll have a lot more to post there when I get some time to dig through the archives and/or get a new camera.

Well, Arcangel (I'm assuming Arcangel is Crystal and has changed her handle), now you've gone and made everyone else here feel like third-grade doodlers. Now we just need slothfurnace to add something and the thread can be locked.

I work in the field of manga, but I don't draw manga. Back in the day, though, I used to be a pretty handy doodler, and still have a bit of a knack for drawing from life. (I'm always pestering my students--who draw a thousand times better than I do--about their perspective and draftsmanship.)

Anyway, here's a sketch I did of my son...like, eight years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There's always a bigger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    (I'm assuming Arcangel is Crystal and has changed her handle)
    I don't think so... Archangel is quite new to sabers
    And I chuckled when I saw *japanese symbols*.jpg

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

I don't think it's CC, she knows max image size is 800 x 600.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    I don't think it's CC, she knows max image size is 800 x 600.
    I think an exception can be made in this case, no?

Really, that's some beautiful artwork.

Well, Arcangel (I'm assuming Arcangel is Crystal and has changed her handle), now you've gone and made everyone else here feel like third-grade doodlers. Now we just need slothfurnace to add something and the thread can be locked.

I work in the field of manga, but I don't draw manga. Back in the day, though, I used to be a pretty handy doodler, and still have a bit of a knack for drawing from life. (I'm always pestering my students--who draw a thousand times better than I do--about their perspective and draftsmanship.)

Anyway, here's a sketch I did of my son...like, eight years ago.
    Don't lock it on account of me!!

Matt, I know not this 'Chrystal', but she sounds alright!

Sloth, your work is very good, especially that second one. Are you in school?

Sorry about the size. This was literally my FIRST forum post ever. Still learning here..

Sorry, Archangel, and welcome to the forums. Our "Crystal Chambers" has said she wished she had used the handle "Arc Angel" (Yeah, she's into puns ), and that is in fact her handle on fx-sabers.com. Add to that the fact that she went to art school, and there you have the reason for my mistake. Are you currently in art scool? That third drawing, in particular, has the look of a class assignment. (Oh, and just to give you a taste of what my students have to endure, the foreshortening on that one seems off. )

Despite (or because of) living in Japan, I don't go in for the whole "mystical Orient" thing, but that first drawing of a yūjo (no, she's definitely not a geisha) is really nice. Were you working from a photo?

slothfurnace, great work (obviously). And none of them look like assignments from art school. Is the portrait of a current or former Significant Other? The part in the hair is convincingly natural. For me, it's that sort of attention to detail that makes a drawing come to life.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Sorry, Archangel, and welcome to the forums. Our "Crystal Chambers" has said she wished she had used the handle "Arc Angel" (Yeah, she's into puns ), and that is in fact her handle on fx-sabers.com. .
    Is she into puns, or alliteration?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!