Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Any artists?

Well, I'm sort of an artist. Don't make a living at it or anything, but I'm getting better.

http://archammer2.deviantart.com

Here's the last good drawing I did, a gift for my mother.

If you all are interested, this is an ink+ink wash drawing. The picture sucks cause I couldn't use a scanner so I just too a picture of it with a digi cam. (in hindisght I should have taken it out of the frame.[])

Once I get my inspiration I plan to do an entire series of angels. Maybe even make some money from it, who knows.

---
    +he@lien])ragon

@TheAlienDragon

You know if you like the inks you might want to try the clayboard white. You would be able to apply the ink and ink walshes and then you could go back and remove the ink by skrathing or using still whool or fiber glass. I have used ink a lot but I'm just getting in to the skratch board and its been wonderful. Still learning how to do the blak on white with the white showing through.

I might look into that. Sounds interesting and could give me some more options whilst drawing.

Thanks.

---
    +he@lien])ragon

lol, i'm a mechanic, i have no artistic skills....

my mother is a nationaly acclaimed watercolor artist. she has won several awards for her art and has up to a 3 year waiting list for any commission she has.

her most recent painting of an Austin Healey sold for 850$. she has sold paintings for more then that and has has her art featured in everything from 4 star hotel ads, to wine labels.

not to brag[8D]

www.kellynewcombart.com i think is still up. i'm not sure if her new site is up yet... www.kellynewcomb.com

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Did that a long time ago. It's from the book I, Jedi. Any know the scene?[]

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Ok so what part of I, Jedi is your picture from.
    I guess it would help if I read the book. Oh well I'll keep going with the New Jedi Order.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, reading the book would help.[] It's from a scene where Corran gets ambushed by the gang he's trying to bring down. They rig up the warehouse with tons of explosives. Corran thinks "No problem..." and uses his special ability to absorb energy. He can't store the energy and has to expend it somehow. Normally he uses it to use the telekinetic powers he cant access normally, but instead he projects a mental image of an ominous Jedi over the flaming warehouse to the entire city.

I really liked the idea even though it really only was a paragraph of description. It was the turning point of the story to me.

<center>

X-wing,
    good luck with the v-day gifts. May the Force be with you. I think you should give that to her b/c it is a really nice drawing. Like I said, it looked like Mara Jade without you even telling me it was Mara Jade.[]

Tim,
    Totally take these guys talents to the max! I'd love a TCSS poster to put behind my saber holders and have the lightsabers light it up. Look at what they've already done just for the T-shirts!

BTW congrats X-Wing on the T-shirt design. I always liked that one the most.[]

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

She already got the drawings. I'm smart, it's the first in a series up until v-day.[] She's worth it. I found my SW chick and I trying my hardest to make her mine.[]

I like the poster idea. I think that'd be a more intense contest though and avoiding copyright problems would be more difficult as it's being sold on a larger scale.

On the art related theme, I will be doing something neat when I have time next week. I'm going to creat a 3D mandolorian skull out of music wire (It's like thin steel rod) and covering it with mesh in some areas. It's going to be so neat.

<center>