Thread: MR Corbin Driver setup

Default MR Corbin Driver setup

Hey everyone, i was wondering if i could have a vibrating motor and a recharge port in a Corbin driver MR setup and want to know what battery pack i will need to power all this plus a Seoul P4 but i dont want to over due it.I should be getting some MHS parts for a first saber with my Christmas money, if i get enough that is

If anyone can supply a diagram that would be great!

Thanks guys!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Do you want the motor just for kicks or in sync with the blade? Honestly I'd look at Erv's manuals. Yes, they aren't corbin's board but once you understand them it's not a leap to add it to other configurations.

With the double boards and motor I'd go for a 6V setup. Really a port is just a splice in (tutorials in the wiring section) and the motor is in line with the main LED (again, erv's manuals are good reading).

In short... It's ultimately better to not have a diagram! That way you KNOW what happening and aren't just a n00b connecting the colored wires like a picture. :P
    RED LEADER Standing by!

With Corbin's board, motor wise what ever suitable but once Erv's board is back in stock I'll look into one, thanks Xwing!

Maliki, you could also wire the motor with the vibration (spring) sensor, and that way it would only go off when a clash was detected, or if you triggered it with a "lockup" button with Corbin's board.

You might want to think twice about having a vibration motor ALWAYS on (or at least put a switch with it)... it could get irritating, and suck down a lot of current when you don't necessarily want it on...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar
    Maliki, you could also wire the motor with the vibration (spring) sensor, and that way it would only go off when a clash was detected, or if you triggered it with a "lockup" button with Corbin's board.

You might want to think twice about having a vibration motor ALWAYS on (or at least put a switch with it)... it could get irritating, and suck down a lot of current when you don't necessarily want it on...
    I'll go for what you said Nova, but wheres the best place to get a vibration sensor?

Thanks Nova!