Thread: custom pieces

Default custom pieces

in looking through a lot of different sabers on the forums i've noticed a lot of pieces that aren't avaliable for sale in the store
    where do you get these pieces? are they sold somewhere else, custom made, or cannabilized from fx sabers?

All of the above :)

Part of the beauty of the modular system is it lends itself to tinkering. Old hardware saber techniques are perfectly applicable (search for 'sabers from the big yellow box' that site will give many many many good examples) and you can have parts made or scrounge them from toys, other sabers, your old ford, whatever!

Some people have lathes (and the knowhow to do these things without losing fingers) and machine their own parts. I am hoping to join those ranks sometime in the medium future.

Strydur, our illustrious leader here, has also done custom work for people, IM him and I imagine he can tell you what things will cost and what kind of timetable you can expect. My theory would be it costs a bit more than you would hope and will take a bit longer :) He's a busy guy!

EDIT: Email not PM, right right forgot!!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

E-mail!! Dont PM with custom work please.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop