Thread: switches

Default switches

not sure if this is where this post belongs

what kind of switches are avaliable?
    i seem to only see the small buttons
    are there other types avaliable?

also when using a common switch, do you have to keep holding it to keep the saber on? or is it like a flashlight where you push the button/turn the head and it stays on

Tim sells a few different varieties in the TCSS store....including both momentary (must be either held to operate, or use a board that can latch the switch - like Erv's Crystal Focus boards) or latching switches (push on/ push off).

You can use just about any switch you want, as long as you keep in mind it's method of activation, and make sure it matches your driver (and it fits in your saber). (i.e. CF can use latching or non-latching, MR requires latching, Hasbro is non-latching, BuckPucks are latching, etc.)

Sliding switches are by nature latching. Toggle switches can be either momentary or latching.....depending on which kind you purchase.

Due to the fact that non-latching (momentary) switches can be smaller in size, you are going to have more options for these...

I agree the choices are limited for interesting / unique switches, and I continue to look for different switch options. I started a thread on another part of the board asking for switch suggestions...you might want to look there...some good links were provided.

Hope this helps.
    May the Schwartz be with you...