Thread: Mono Jack question

Default Mono Jack question

I am planning on making a Luke ROTJ saber as close to canon as possible. I am pretty sure I could do it using EL I just need to figure out a few things. Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the ¼ mono jack? Mainly how big it is at its widest point. I tried searching and could not find the dimensions. Thanks in advance for the help
    "I cannot change the past. I meant to do good. But the dark side is slippery, as you yourself should know. I tried to hide. I tried to die. And finally, I tried to atone." - Ulic Qel-Droma

why use el? you can make 3/4" led blades.

If you can do it using led I would suggest using led, el is a dead tech.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

hey - my brother got a luke rotj hilt custom machined to fit a 3/4" blade, the neck is just as thin as canon, the "blade sleeve" section is 1.5," and he intends to have me put a luxV into it when he has the cash. I've made 13 EL sabers, and only 2 LED sabers - these with thickwall 3/4" blades. I can honestly say that even with thickwall 3/4", LED it is sooo much better than EL. A very nice luke ROTJ bladed LED saber can be done... and I intend to do it. You just might beat me to it, though.

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

hmm...LED would be a bit cheaper. I will have to play around with the idea and figure out how it would all fit.
    "I cannot change the past. I meant to do good. But the dark side is slippery, as you yourself should know. I tried to hide. I tried to die. And finally, I tried to atone." - Ulic Qel-Droma

I was wondering how big it was too.

And is it just a regular audio jack that you run power through or it it a special one?
    WHAT THE %*#& IS AN ALUMINIUM FALCON?!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luke-SkyMarcher
    hey - my brother got a luke rotj hilt custom machined to fit a 3/4" blade, the neck is just as thin as canon, the "blade sleeve" section is 1.5," and he intends to have me put a luxV into it when he has the cash. I've made 13 EL sabers, and only 2 LED sabers - these with thickwall 3/4" blades. I can honestly say that even with thickwall 3/4", LED it is sooo much better than EL. A very nice luke ROTJ bladed LED saber can be done... and I intend to do it. You just might beat me to it, though.
    So is it like a Parks or like a large hero emitter? IMO Parks is nicer... it's not cannon, but thin enough that you don't care. An extended emitter too me is just as bad as a thick neck, it's a gross difference.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

This should give you an idea of what it looks like
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/fo...php?pic_id=125
    There's only 1.5" blade sleeve instead of the normal 2", but I don't think that should be too much of a problem.

That is sweet. Who did your custom work?
    WHAT THE %*#& IS AN ALUMINIUM FALCON?!

A friend at a local machine shop. Incidentally, it was the same machine shop that made the original molds for the original star wars toys waaay back. They tell me that they still have the models. http://www.mpcomponents.net/