Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: JEDI / SITH Cloaks

Won the auction for 45 dollars, plus 7 dollars to ship it. saved myself 30 dollars for some MHS gear :P

Sorry about the necropost everyone, I'll pay more attention next time.

All good and done, but since you did, post what you got (when you get it, including pics)and what your review on the product is. That way it can also help others in the future when looking

Want it here in the un-necroed thread? It arrived today. Gonna try and get some pictures of it with my jedi costume before I have to leave for work in a couple of hours.

Yah, do that. Then you won't have raised the dead in vain.

What is life but the passage to death?

alright.

well first, the sizing was spot on. It's like I modelled for this thing. The sleeves on the robe fall to my wrists, and the robe itself falls exactly to the tops of my feet. No need to pin it or anything.

The hood is perfect for a jedi robe...my main complaint about most of the mass produced stuff out there is that the hood is always way too small, like a rain coat.

The robe doesn't have pleats per-say, but the hood piece is attached at the throat, rather than further back towards the shoulders, so the weight of the hood pulls the robe open to sort of flare out at the neck and give it the look of a pleat in the front, or of being "breasted", I guess you could say.

It is polyester, which means that it's not going to breathe well, but honestly I still think that it will be lighter than wool, and it moves perfectly as far as the weight goes. It's not immobile, but it doesn't flitter about like the 30 dollar version.

Pictures:

As for the images...my girlfriend is out of town for a bit, so I have to use the mirror >.> and on top of that my camera batteries died, and all of the AA's I could find were also dead, so sorry about the cell phone pictures.

Also I was rushing to get in and out of costume, so I didn't put on the belt or fuss over the tabards too much. I promise my actual costuming standards are pretty high.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I can't wait for better pics...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

While digging out most of my jedi costume, I realized that my boots and my belt are missing...probably wherever my original lightsaber went off to. I can still take better pictures pretty soon, but they will still be sans belt and boots.

Oh well, this is an opportunity to take advantage of the post episode III products, or see what custom stuff is out there.

Okay, finally got better pictures!

debut of my MHS as well!

I just finished the guts about 30 minutes before this picture, which are in a shoebox nearby. The hilt is empty, which is why my thumb is covering the button hole
    Last edited by Causa; 06-04-2010 at 09:43 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I was wondering why all the links were dead until I looked at the dates. LOL

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

man I've re-linked that top picture 3 times or so, and sometimes it shows up the right size, and sometimes it shows up HUGE, and the picture is sized properly, but when it's linked here...it just decides to be giant sometimes.