Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: JEDI / SITH Cloaks

Hey guys,

I built a heavy duty robe, they're robes not cloaks if you build ones like Obi-wans not Lukes and is made from Sherpa. It's really heavy duty and waterproof! It cost me $8 a yard on sale but was definitely worth it for up here in Flagstaff, Az where it gets really cold. It broke 4 heavy duty needles while making it! I just used padawansguide.com for the pattern. Check them out, they are really good for the whole outfit. Mine came out just how I wanted it too, and now I'm selling them for $200 to kids at school! hehehehehe. So yeah, depending all ont the material, $60 isn't bad. I spent more than that just for the fabric!

I had my lady sew it up too, so woot for the ladies that think we're hopeless but still love us anyways!

I've bought myself a Sith robe off a seller on E-bay.
    Really well made, and it looks realy good.
    Currently awaiting my Obi-Wan belt(in black) and a Jedi robe, oh and a friend liked my sith robe so much he asked me to get him one too[8D]

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pan-In-The-Box

BTW it sometimes works out cheaper if you bid on a non-country specific auction, i bought my original robe for approx. $34 including postage, which when i converted it into Pounds Sterling worked out at a tiny £20!!!!!!

"In darkness, there is strength"

Yea Stu the exchange rate for you is great but for us it stinks. I collect SG-1 stuff too and the best stuff is in the UK. I cost almost double in dollars to pounds sterling.

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Got my cloak!![] It's like a heavy pant grade cotton twill, when I fold it up, feels like a couple of pairs of Blue jeans. Not bad. There were lots of other ones, but my wallet still needed time to recover from buying the Vader costume [:0]

I got a lady to make mine for me from a pattern I found. It cost about $30 in fabric... but this way I got to pick my own. It feels so nice, I'm tempted to wear it around all the time. Every once in a while my wife will come home and I'll be wearing it and she'll look at me like "nerd", and I'll look back at her all serious and say "what?"

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

I've been considering the official licensed deluxe edition. Runs about 80 dollars on amazon, free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...PB4X5W7NPF2Z3A

The 40 dollar one seems too light, and anything in wool or heavier I'm worried is too much. I live down here in North Carolina and it's still hot come October, and especially in the summer convention season.

My jedi costume I got off of ebay for about 130 dollars (IIRC), and it is such an amazing buy, I am still shocked at how great the detail is...the ribbing in the tabards and the obi, the multiple tunics...just great.

Switching back to the robe, I don't need it to be exactly like the movie, just like the saber I'm building is not an exact model from the movie, but I want it to look right for my costume and other props, and be functional more than authentic.

Oops, you totally necroposted. This is frowned upon unless extremely relevant.

But at least you are reading!
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

aww crud.

Well THIS post is relevant to my last one

I found that cloak on ebay for 40 bucks. bid ends in 2 hours.

Crossing my fingers.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If the necropost is relevant to the thread topic, it's not necessarily bad to make that post.

This is probably one of the oldest ones I've seen done, though.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!