Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where is the best place to buy a luxeon lightsaber?

Default Where is the best place to buy a luxeon lightsaber?

I am a mother looking to buy 2 luxeon lightsabers for my boys for Christmas. I haved surfed the net and have found three different places I am considering. Ultrasabers, ionsabers, or this site. I knew nothing about lightsabers until yesterday. I have a 5 and 8 year old boys who will be 'RUFF' when playing with them. WHat are your opinions on the different places and best place to buy from.

Thanks!

Just PM'ed you.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Don't buy from Ion Sabers, they suck. As for TCSS Vs. Ultrasabers, depends on if you are a DIYer. Ultrasabers deals in complete sabers, no assembly required. TCSS is a do it yourself type site: they supply the parts, you assemble it.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

i have an Ultrassabers Darth Maul saber staff, very very cool.... what you may want to do if you do decide to go with ultrasabers, is ask Todd (the owner) if he would cut the blade shorter for you. they do have sabers that are a little smaller for kids, but not replicas from the movies. if you want a replica, you need to get the full size. but the blade is 36 inches, and about 11 inches for the handle (which is called the Hilt). so you are looking at ballpark 47 inches. may be a little big for younglings. wish MY mom would get me another saber lol... happy shopping..

Default Where to buy the best luxeon saber

Thanks to all who have replied. I am going to go with ultrasabers and ask Todd about shortening the blade. How much does a normal lightsaber from him weigh? Anyone have any idea on what a smaller verison would cost? My boys really want a double one, but I figured that would be WAY to big. Thanks again!

If you consider the length of the FX Yoda (33" total Hilt to blade tip), I think it's almost perfect. Both my 4 and 9 year olds can handle it pretty well.

Matching Yoda Luxeon's would be WAY cool too..!!!
    -Del
    Kicked out of the Sith Order for being too chipper!
    My website - http://buttrynet.dyndns.org

ok well, a double saber would be way big, like i said i have a double saber from ultrasabers and its close to 7 feet in length. SO what i would recommend is what Del said about the Yoda saber. they are smaller and they are in fact a replica from the movies. and if you have seen them you will know that yoda is very small, like 3 feet tall or something, so thats why his saber is smaller..... but an ultrasaber isnt cheap. i paid 300$ for my dual saber. i dont know what todd is charging for a yoda conversion, if he even has any of those on hand to convert. if he doesnt, no worry. just buy them and send them to him and he will do the hard part. and dont forget to specify what color you want him to put in there. yoda comes stock with a green blade, but he can change it to any of the five or six colors he offers. ALSO, and this would be important, if you want a double YODA saber you need to ask todd to supply you with the piece to attach the two of them together.... i dont know what else to say at this point, i think i covered it mostly though.... any more questions, just ask.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

i dont know what todd is charging for a yoda conversion, if he even has any of those on hand to convert. if he doesnt, no worry. just buy them and send them to him and he will do the hard part. and dont forget to specify what color you want him to put in there. yoda comes stock with a green blade, but he can change it to any of the five or six colors he offers. ALSO, and this would be important, if you want a double YODA saber you need to ask todd to supply you with the piece to attach the two of them together....
    That is all WRONG.

There is no Yoda conversion, except one which Yoda did and one that Do Clo did. Ultrasabers WON'T EVER DO ONE. There is just not enough room. Ultrasabers doesn't make couplers either, I have no clue where you got that from. Only Jedi Arms Dealer ever made couplers for the force FXs, but I don't think he makes them anymore, and he never made one for the Yoda.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Waltman,

I did not find the time to answer your E-mail before I left to go to the in-laws for turkey but I will when I get back home. Depending on what you are looking for in terms of features and cost I am sure I can build a couple sabers for your kids in time for Santa to deliver them.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

What I meant by my post was to get a Luxeon that was the same length as the Yoda in comparison. I agree, getting a Luxeon Yoda would be tough, less alone getting 2.

A couple stunt sabers that are 33 inches total length would be excellent for younger kids.
    -Del
    Kicked out of the Sith Order for being too chipper!
    My website - http://buttrynet.dyndns.org