Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: new purple idea

Default new purple idea

Has anyone tried to put two Lux III's one blue/or cyan and one red in a saber?

More then 1 LED in a single saber is really difficult. Not just the mounting of the LED... that is easy. The hard part is getting an optic lens that focuses the light from both LED's at 5 degree emission out the emitter on the saber.

There is no room inside a saber for 2 full size stars and lenses, even if there was, they don't both point directly down the saber tube.

Short of having a VERY EXPENSIVE lens created for you that focuses light from two luxeons down a single 5 degree shaft, it won't work very well with our current part supply.
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

Default Re: new purple idea

Quote Originally Posted by Luar Selbor
    Has anyone tried to put two Lux III's one blue/or cyan and one red in a saber?
    You can use a RGB led and use the red and blue to make purple, all you need is a single optic because all three colors are in one led
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

There's always the Lamina RGB Atlas, if its voltage requirements don't scare you, and you don't mind paying for a green emitter you're going to wind up not using...

Blue 10 standing by...

I've played around with Lamina Atlases (white and RGB) before, and wasn't terribly impressed.

If you want RGB, a Rebel Moon is the best way to go right now.

I was thinking of buying two of these

http://www.luxeonstar.com/sub_catego...k_str=196::197

and put them on my oun star that I would make.

and use a 8 AAA battery pack for the power suply.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

But how would you focus the light? The problem isn't the LEDs, it is the optics.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

It doesn't gather the light that is under it.

If I were to attempt this i think what I would do is mount them to a slightly concave surface then run them into a lens... actually a prism would probably be ideal but fiddly... so the light came together before being focused.

This isn't optically ideal but might work well enough for the purpose.

Pure theory of course :)

You could get a lense like in flashlights. open the bottm a bit to accept the 2 emitters but really the best options is to have doclo make you a custom purple.

Or a p4 with a purple filter or a grb led with only 2 leds on.

About the only options to get a purple.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics