Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Conversion (Low buck Saber)

Default Hasbro Conversion (Low buck Saber)

this is my Hasbro to luxeon electronics conversion
    this was a test to see if it worked and it does great although there is no motion sensor and the idle hum only canges when clashed. It has a time out that turns it off if left unattented. (good conversion to let the kids play with as i have 4 whew)

its less expensive than a MR conversion and is pretty cool. Here are some pics

[img]../scripts/424388187_ORIG.jpg[/img]

[img]../scripts/424388187_ORIG.jpg"[/img]

Can't see the images. Looks like they are pointing to your computer. You have to upload the pictures somewhere.

Can you tell us how the conversion was done? If so, that'll be another reason to dig out my old yoda saber. Thanks.

Sure no Problem. Damage to the hilt was not a factor for me in removing the electronics as it has not got enough cool factor. THe board is very simple with no extra wires to worry about.

ORANGE and YELLOW are the activation wires. connect to each side of a switch. for testing you just touch together to ignite and touch again to power down.
    REd on the board Labeled SP+ goesw to speaker positive

BLUE on the other side of the board labelled SP- goes to negetive on speaker

Blue labelled BA+ goes to power supply (i used 4 AAA)

BLACK goes to LED negative

RED above SP+ goes to resistor then to positive on LED

BLACK labeled GND goes to negative on power supply

I used a trigger switch to ignite so u can let off and trigger it again to power down. it works great with tims 1.5 sink tube kitand has a time out feature if u leave it on it will power itself down(great for kids. It is an inexpensive way to have a pretty cool saber.
    By the way the speaker is a great size in the sink tube saber. Just drill some uniform holes in the end of the cap. the tube will act as a cabinet and make it a good volume.it also flashes on power up which is cool. My kids have a couple of these that have about had it from dueling and prying or... so i will do another soon. Let me know how it goes and if i can answer any questions Master Tetmatek
    []

<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="2"><font color="red">I have just one question, Tetmatek. What size is the resistor? Thanks!

Vengus
    </font id="red"></font id="size2"></font id="Book Antiqua">

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger, faster and more deadly than before. Go and seek death, my Apprentice." - Vengus, Sith Lord

Lord Vengus,

it looks like I'm following you around [}]
    Lookee here: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...sp?TOPIC_ID=11

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.

no resistor used

i found resistor was not needed so disreguard that in previous post

If you don't use a resistor with an LED, you could shorthen its life by ....%100 - meaning you could burn it. Even if you don't burn it right away, you WILL get much less life out of it than if you did add the under-a-buck component. LEDs themselves have no resistance.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

That actually depends on what the voltage and mA are. On the MR conversions I am no longer using resistors because the power source we tap into allready has been resistored down. But no you dont want to run a led straight off batteries without the proper resistor.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop