Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is that all? (saber's parts checklist)

Default Is that all? (saber's parts checklist)

Hi again, can you please take a look to my shopping chart and see if i forgot something?

LED "Corbin style" Battle blade 1" OD 24"
    LED basic electronics kit - K2 White
    Luxeon 3w driver-Latching 3w driver (what's the difference between latching and momentary?)
    5" Double female threaded connector
    MPS Pommel style 1
    Black rubber switch boot
    8-32 x 13/32" Thumb Screw
    Machined button for Covertec clip
    8-32 socket head
    Screw on LED blade holder style 4
    MPS Insert style 2
    MPS Clip

Did i forgot something?

I plan on adding a soundcard when us will be restocked or if i find a cheap MR...

Note: since i don't have sound for the moment i want to put the power switch on the bottom of the hilt, i hope it is not too hard...

you may want to make the saber longer at that rate itll be 8 inches at most and you will have trouble fitting soundboard and bat pack

Quote Originally Posted by MATRIXtjb
    you may want to make the saber longer at that rate itll be 8 inches at most and you will have trouble fitting soundboard and bat pack
    Nice suggestion thanks.

You want a 24" blade? Thats mighty short for a saber. Mine is 36". Also you probably don't know this, but 2" of the blade goes into the blade holder, so you lose it. If you are doing a one hand saber for more fencing/short sword type stuff, a 32"-34" works well.

Quote Originally Posted by chase
    You want a 24" blade? Thats mighty short for a saber. Mine is 36". Also you probably don't know this, but 2" of the blade goes into the blade holder, so you lose it. If you are doing a one hand saber for more fencing/short sword type stuff, a 32"-34" works well.
    In fact i'm building a shoto. ^^
    24" or 60cm is the exact blade's measure of my chinese sword used for martial art, it is the lenght from my wirst to my ear (yes i know i'm yoda size ^^).

Is it a Tai-Chi sword or broad sword? I think broad swords are longer than that. Your choice though man. The thing with lightsabers is you can use them for all types of sword forms, katanas, Tai-Chi, broad sword, staff, long sword, anything really. Its like a mix of everything. Thats why I suggested having a longer blade. If you have a larger hilt it makes a big difference too.

Quote Originally Posted by chase
    Is it a Tai-Chi sword or broad sword? I think broad swords are longer than that. Your choice though man. The thing with lightsabers is you can use them for all types of sword forms, katanas, Tai-Chi, broad sword, staff, long sword, anything really. Its like a mix of everything. Thats why I suggested having a longer blade. If you have a larger hilt it makes a big difference too.
    It's a Tai-chi one, but i think i'm gonna keep my lightsaber just for costuming and lightsaber combat since if my sifu sees me practice with a lightsaber i think he'll kill me ^^

Council Member
    Jedi Master

unless you build him one too.

Corbin's drivers come in momentary and latching configurations to match the kind of switch that you use. A momentary switch only makes electrical contact while you are pressing it down, while a latching switch makes constant contact once you press it until you press it again to release. It doesn't matter very much which board you get, just as long as you get the correct switch.

Yeah, I understand. I took Tai-Chi for about a year. Get a lightsaber and have it just like a real one for costume purpose(36'' blade coming out of the blade holder/38'' overall). It will be like learning a new type of sword.