Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cheap LED lighting ???

Tiberius, you should get a picture of that in the dark. I think that it is a great idea. i may try that sometime. I mean no offense to Tim though. I think his work is awesome but i am kinda like tiberius. I like to spend minimal money and think outside the box. That and my parents don't like ordering stuff online. They did order me a green luxeon star/o but that was it. So this may be a way to make more sabers cheaper and quicker. It would also make the wiring insanely easier with no resistor and only two batteries. I don't know if i am the only one who thinks that that was a great idea, but i applaud your resourcefulness.

My Ultra Saber S5 made with Tim's parts and Tim's polycarb will outshine and break any saber made from cheap "outside the box" parts. I'm just saying...

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ultra,

Curious... why Lux V's? You seem to have access to K2's... I figured especially with the blues and greens the K2's would rock.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

Ultra,

Curious... why Lux V's? You seem to have access to K2's... I figured especially with the blues and greens the K2's would rock.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    K2 green - 100 lumens
    Lux V green - 160 lumens

K2's still aren't as bright as Lux V's. The K2 will be replacing all Lux III applications soon enough, but the Lux V is still the brightest you can possibly get.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Cool, those V's to quote Gelu, "the heatsinking needs of this thing are obscene"... How hot do they get?

I wanna see a saber with a fan someday though.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

Here is a thought two red lux 5 watts in a double ended saber????

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

Ultra, i know that the mag upgrade wouldn't be as bright, but it would come close to a 1 watt star. We don't all have access to such things. Oh well, i cant wait to try the mag conversion once i get it. I will post pics of the results when i get the saber built.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If you dont plan on buying anything from me and all you do is plan on posting how to get around buying things from me then dont post on my forums. There are plenty of other forums for that.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Well said Strydur

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

???? I'm not sure if I should say anything or not on this. My original post was made as I was very new to not just Forums but saber making in general and I was just excited to share ideas. I certainly was not advocating trying to get around Tim's products and having purchased Tim's MHS and Vader conversion kit I would definately say these are the way to go. However, if you are a younger member and depend on your parents to order things for you online I don't think we should kick them out or dicourage them just because they may not have real control over what they can or can not order. Alternative methods might get them by until such time that they can order.

One more comment for "The Steve"...Although I got by on this "cheaper" LED setup for my first saber, I found that by the time I figured out how to mount and power the LED conversion kit I wish I had gone ahead and purchased Tim's setup. Ultimately Tim's setup is the cheapest, quickest, and easiest way to light your saber and there's no getting around this. Tim's products are quality.

Tiberius