Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: help, question about cf v1.2

Default help, question about cf v1.2

hi, been havin problems with my v1.2 crystal focus almost since i got it, with any more then 5 volts to the board, it keeps igniting and retracting constantly till the voltage is down to 5 volts, ive checked all the connections and re did all connections many times but it still does it, tried several differernt config files as well with no luck. the battery pack i have going to it is 4aaa batteries, around 6v and id like to stick with that for now, so if any one has an idea what is causing it id appreciate your input thanks

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

should have just emailed erv.

BLUE 3- Ready

What on/off button style are you using? This used to happen to me on cf v1.2 until I used the correct switch with the correct switch setting.

Refer to the v1.2 manual for the switch settings, which are for both polarities of a latching switch, and a momentary I believe.

It is more than likely you are using a momentary with a latching setup or vice-versa.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

im using a latching, push on push off on my graflex saber, and i have the config set for latching, it works fine when the voltage is under 5v but anything over and it constantly goes on and off till it has 5v or less, then it works fine

Did you try another switch?

If that doesn't solve it... are you sure the LEDcurrent is set to the right value for your LED? Speaking of which, what kind of LED are you using? A Luxeon V?
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

lux 3 led, and ive tried different switches. tried the mr switch when i had it in my anakin saber and the red button push on off switch in my graflex now
    tried different configs for current as well, starting with the lowest setting

its really wierd how it just wants 5 volts and works fine as long as its under, but anyting over and it just dont wanna go

think my next upgrade to my gralfex saber might b a lux v, or a k2 i want it brighter then it is

thanks for the ideas novastar, but ive fixed it, under close examination on the board with a magnifying glass i found that a tiny tiny slag of solder was just barely bridging from the switch solder pad to a ground strip beside it, cleaned off the solder and has been good since

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

glad everything turned out well.

BLUE 3- Ready

thanks, it was really annoying not being able to have all fresh batteries in it, but now i can may even go to a 7.2v recharable soon

Glad you sorted it dude.
    I'm gonna be putting my Cf1.2 into my graflex once I get a V3 off of Erv & was wondering whether the graflex switches would be an issue or not.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?