Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Focus Soundfonts and Config Files (Shop and Swap)

Erv and Novastar,

What did people ever do before you guys were here to build killer electronics and killer sound fonts for them?

Keep up the great work.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    This is *EXACTLY* the spirit it takes to make a good font.

However, making a "movie accurate" font is not always going to sound great... since sometimes--what we imagined the sounds were like and what they actually WERE... are sometimes dissimilar.

Granted, that is actually why I created "Novastar" and "Blackstar" fonts. These are a mixture of what *I* believe are some of the most robust and interesting sounding swings and clashes... plus a taste of my own tinkering... PLUS sometimes I have "mixed" two clashes or swings TOGETHER to make one. But neither of them "obey" a specific movie in the SW series. As I said--I'm not that kind of person. I'm too creative and perfectionistic (if there is such a word!) to just "copy" things sound for sound and make a font.

If you ask me... Jon's ROTJ font is pretty much how Luke's saber sounded in the movies. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way--I've also probably heard a "better" version of his font... a more recent one... so maybe that's the issue. As I mentioned before.

Anyhow--everyone go check out Erv's sound font making tutorial... it is definitely a good way to get started, and although it doesn't include more "manual" tricks... you can get a solid foundational font from working exactly as he specified.
    Not to sound like I'm trying to get any credits from you Nova, but your fonts are awsome and I think that is the reason some of us just don't want to make em or even try. Me, I don't have the time to devote to makeing the fonts, the time I do have on the computer I juggle work,kids,dogs,housework, and or course naps. One other thing Nova, I myself would appreciate the menu fonts for the other fonts. Well enough brown nosein, gonna donate some funds to ya.

BLUE 3- Ready

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFender View Post
    Erv and Novastar,

What did people ever do before you guys were here to build killer electronics and killer sound fonts for them?

Keep up the great work.
    Well, I didn't really build any kind of electronics, myself. In fact, I owe most all of what little knowledge that I *DO* have to a myriad of the "main folks" who pioneered the Luxeons (namely Joe "Corbin Das", Tim "Strydur", Alex "Ultra", and a bunch of others).

When Erv started to show up and make himself known... well... I myself was looking into having a really NICE sound & light driver made. However, when I quickly learned that Erv was doing nearly everything I was imagining--and that we thought quite 'alike'... I abandoned my "Ns5" project, and haven't really looked back. It would have been rather expensive to create, too. VERY expensive.

But then, I noticed the lack of sound fonts for Erv's board, or rather... the NEED of more. More quality AND more quantity. More dynamics. More to show off that CF does not need to be "limited" to solely "SW saber noises".

So--I applied what I was already learning from mixing together the BOP I (and BOP II) sound plots, which included ambiance, vocals, volume levels, fixing pops & clicks, and a whole can of worms that complicates the heck out of things! I'd worked with sound before, but never in such detail. The more I work at it, the more experience I get... despite that I use what most would call "crude" tools. But great tools can't replace having an ear for sound and attention to detail anyhow I guess.

This is why things like donations help BOP and sound fonts SOOOO much!!! Granted, I'm not a very good marketer, and I'm afraid... not very good at "organizing" my fonts into some easy-to-access-and-donate-for way. If that makes any sense.

Finally, if there is any question... the REAL work is on Erv's end! In the grand scheme... I haven't done all that much. Trying to help Erv, I am. Doing 50% of the work???? I am not. This is also why CF is 100 Euro, and my sound fonts... are essentially "free" with the hope of others recognizing my work and making their own judgement on how much they think one of my fonts is worth to them. And, essentially... how much BOP is worth to them!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFender View Post
    Erv and Novastar,

Keep up the great work.
    hehehe before we had electronics we had our voice hehehe thus woots
    updated news almost done with my kiddy vocal saber
    ...YUP!

Hey, does anybody know how to make Goldwave save the files in the correct format? When I saved it as "Raw," it had an "snd" file extension. When I renamed the file extension and tried it in the "isaber" section, it didn't work. So.... I'm sure someone knows how to do this...

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke-SkyMarcher View Post
    Hey, does anybody know how to make Goldwave save the files in the correct format? When I saved it as "Raw," it had an "snd" file extension. When I renamed the file extension and tried it in the "isaber" section, it didn't work. So.... I'm sure someone knows how to do this...
    okay marcher this is what i do i first open the file that i wanted converted. then i open an already converted file that is saved as somename.raw. at that point i delete what is on the raw file and then cut and paste the said file that needs to be converted into the raw onto the raw file and then just click regular save not save as. I've had perfect luck with that and it is all the requireed litte endien, mono, 16 bit, and so forth but this is what works for me and yeah maybe tedious but yeah that is how i solved my issue and i've gotten great sounds from doing that and other stuff. if you have issue just ask me
    ...YUP!

For the record, if you FORCE goldwave to save a ".snd" format as .raw, it will work just fine.

Just type out the ENTIRE filename + extension when saving, and it will work.

It's a bummer goldwave doesn't offer a default option to save raw sound as .raw... but it can be done.

Also--I recommend that people create a "new" save as format and save it under a profile that contains all the needed data... 22Khz, 16-bit, little end, mono, unsigned, etc.

Remember--just ONE mistake in saving... and you may end up with a font that does not work at all. And you'll spend a LOT of time hunting the culprit file down--whilst amongst 6 saber sound fonts, menu files and the isaber directory. So... don't F it up.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

Novastar I sent you a PM

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

Did you? I'm... not certain I ever got it... (LukeSkyM..)

But anyhow... Erv and I are on a quest to try to figure out how exactly to handle all of the CF sound fonts and packages and so forth...

In the meantime, I *AM* working on new fonts, it's just taking me a lot of time. Lots going on lately it seems. Some good some bad as many of you know. But whatever, additionally, I think I'll release a bunch of fonts at once, and not just one at a time.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Talking

working 3am to 8am is well pays the bills but yeah sleep is nice. anyway has anyone just randomized the sounds before like just renamed everything to whatever. I ask is cause when saving some stuff i renamed then as well swings to clash and clash to swings i was like wait is it my lack of sleep or is it well yeah. this is something that one should try it's interesting just like a cow mooing for a clash effect. best part is recovered all my fonts for my old harddrive woots. i wish to share some of my works with people but yeah maybe i;ll post something on like idk megauploader or sendspace. if you havn't heard of them they are like well used by people to send files and what not
    ...YUP!