Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Focus Soundfonts and Config Files (Shop and Swap)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    Well sorry if my post came off like an ass.

But like I said I dident care for jons ROTJ font. Just dosent sound like my cut of tea ya know.
    Nah, you didn't come off asslike, it's a fair question and I was just giving my answer to it, all is right with the world

Ok just checkingUsually when I type like that I get kinda ass like sound going on.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

it's cool ghostbat. In all honesty i thought you were attack me or something so i was just trying to defend my self and what not. oh and I agree to the jon's ROTJ to sound right for me i had to spend about an hour or several more like 5 actually to get it to sound right. SO totally in agreement with you all. SO we all say we all sounded like an ass in someway or something. IDK. LOL
    ...YUP!

LOL, Iam usre it takes a good bit of work into making a sound font and I appreciate the work that went into it but it just dosent sound like a ROTJ font to me.

Like when Luke first ignited his saber to cut the stabalizer bar off the speeder bike, Thats the ignition sound I want.

My problem is that I'm a perfectionist.
    Last week I spent my whole day fo working on a Luke ROTJ soundfont, and It's still not exactly what I want. But each day and each experiment brings me closer. It's fun work.

MC

All right, so I was planning a sound font, and have run into a bit of a problem. I can't find a hum sound that I like. All the hums I find don't fit my mental picture of what a hum should be: they have too much growl/motor sound, not enough actual hum. Anybody have a hum you think would work/know how to make one? This is the one thing that has been bugging me for quite a while, any help here would be great.
    Thanks

Luke

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke-SkyMarcher View Post
    All right, so I was planning a sound font, and have run into a bit of a problem. I can't find a hum sound that I like. All the hums I find don't fit my mental picture of what a hum should be: they have too much growl/motor sound, not enough actual hum. Anybody have a hum you think would work/know how to make one? This is the one thing that has been bugging me for quite a while, any help here would be great.
    Thanks

Luke
    if you want one that hums nicely in my opinion is del...soemthing or other but you will need to tweek it a bit aka change the pitch and some other stuff to get a good hum. Another way to do it is to isolate the "hmmmm" sound that you heere in novastar soundfont and stretch that out to get a good humming sound that is what i've done but yeah hope this helps.
    ...YUP!

At TF.N there are some sound files to download. They even got my ignition sound
    Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 01-27-2008 at 01:25 AM.

And finally, I've finished the translation of my sound font tutorial, I hope it's detailed enough:
    Sound Font tutorial

I'm late for including SF made by madcow or other people on the DL page. It's burried in my mail box, but I promise : I'll take the time to put them on the website at a moment or another. Be sure it's NOT because I don't care about you guys are building up, just a matter of time.
    Erv'
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Madcow View Post
    My problem is that I'm a perfectionist.
    Last week I spent my whole day fo working on a Luke ROTJ soundfont, and It's still not exactly what I want. But each day and each experiment brings me closer. It's fun work.

MC
    This is *EXACTLY* the spirit it takes to make a good font.

However, making a "movie accurate" font is not always going to sound great... since sometimes--what we imagined the sounds were like and what they actually WERE... are sometimes dissimilar.

Granted, that is actually why I created "Novastar" and "Blackstar" fonts. These are a mixture of what *I* believe are some of the most robust and interesting sounding swings and clashes... plus a taste of my own tinkering... PLUS sometimes I have "mixed" two clashes or swings TOGETHER to make one. But neither of them "obey" a specific movie in the SW series. As I said--I'm not that kind of person. I'm too creative and perfectionistic (if there is such a word!) to just "copy" things sound for sound and make a font.

If you ask me... Jon's ROTJ font is pretty much how Luke's saber sounded in the movies. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way--I've also probably heard a "better" version of his font... a more recent one... so maybe that's the issue. As I mentioned before.

Anyhow--everyone go check out Erv's sound font making tutorial... it is definitely a good way to get started, and although it doesn't include more "manual" tricks... you can get a solid foundational font from working exactly as he specified.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide