Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Focus Soundfonts and Config Files (Shop and Swap)

I know Maul & me want these!!!! Hurry up Erv!!!!!!!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Is the Vader ESB font ready? I love the sounds, and can't wait to use it.

Dumped the Predator sound font on my spare 32MB SD card and plugged it into the CF 3.0. Does not sound too good... I see now how much trial and error is needed to actually get these things sounding good.

So I remixed the DelSaber sound fonts and it sounds good. I'll have to work on the Predator some more. The swing sounds are kinda funky.

The LoWang sound font is just too funny to hear coming from a saber.

One recommendation for those first time CF owners. Get a blank SD card to play with so you don't mess up your original. I had a spare Panasonic 32MB SD and it was acting weird until I reformatted it and started from scratch. Some stuff worked while other stuff did not.
    -Del
    Kicked out of the Sith Order for being too chipper!
    My website - http://buttrynet.dyndns.org

Yeah, it takes a lot of testing and work, that's sure!

I can safely say... there is at least ONE particular someone who understands and appreciates your work... his name begins with an "N", and ends in "ovastar". Weird guy. Italian. A bit nuts, but... you'd like him.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

The ancient saber font is my favorite font but I was wandering nova it you have tried to redo the blaster effect for the ancient saber? I was thinkin of the straigh forward sound and then maybe a slight almost like the blaster was making the saber powerdown (only for an instant). And do you know if xwing had done some tinkering with it to make it less computery lol

BLUE 3- Ready

Hey,
    I'm putting the finishing touches on a whole new Luke ROTJ font. Boy it takes alot of work!

MC

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Vortex, I haven't done any tinkering... honestly it ticks me off too much. I leave it to those with more patience for it.

I do wish my idea of a more "mechanical" sounding ancient font was made.

Nova, I think we need a better system so that we can get your updates... I'm going to need to hit you up for the latest updates on the EP2 and 4 I think. The last saber I did I boosted the swings by 50%, but I'm sure you have tweaked since I got the files also.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

i don't have a cf yet, but i downloaded the mixer, and using audacity, i have found the standard saber sound with a gated reverb, also labeled as gverb, is amazing. it sounds like a saber in a tight metal hallway. added to the ancient saber sound , it gives it a much colder, flawed mechanical sound. when the 3.0 is available i plan on using this effect quite a bit. when in doubt, gverb and ring modulators can create some crazy sounds, so anything that seams weak can be beafed up if your willing to get a lil' crazy with it.
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.

Beautiful, Dark Helmet!

I'll be honest about several things here to everyone (warning, lots o' text):

1. Although I always intended my sound work to be helpful to Erv and essentially "free/donation highly helpful" in terms of users... the sound fonts are a LOT of work. Anyone who has attempted a font from scratch, and realizes the work in making it 95% to 100% "seamless"... understands that.

2. "Slap sounds together, upload" is NOT EQUAL to what I've been doing here.

2. Building a sound font from essentially SCRATCH--pretty much making your OWN sounds... vs. tinkering with a pre-made font, or mixing Ben Burtt sounds... is planets apart in terms of time, work, energy, and an attribution to excellence.

3. Unfortunately, only about 10 or so people have donated for my fonts, heheh. This isn't to sound "money-grubbing", but... I know that there are a LOT more CF users than just THAT, lol! Besides, it goes along with BOP as a donation. Is all of that worth... uh... one dollar? Five? I don't know... you decide.

4. More fonts are on their way. I'm working on many at a time this time, hopefully to release like 4 or so together? All depends.

5. I welcome others to modify, adjust, tweak and SHARE "re-creations" of the fonts I've designed. Whether for solely personal usage... or to post for others...

but if you DO, I only request that you give me credit... "Novastar's xxxxx font, adjusted by yyyy for a more zzzzz effect" or whatever... maybe sharing a link to the original font if necessary. You know... respect and common sense, heheh!

And... make a donation??? PRETTY PLEASE?? Essentially like "buying" the font so you can play with it as you please.

Again, $1 or $100... it makes no difference to me.

Now I realize that I could have done the whole sound fonts thing in a much more organized way... maybe even forced downloaders to at least donate $1 minimum or whatever... or even asked Erv to add it as a shopping cart option for $1 or $5 or blah blah... but... when Erv first released CF, I saw the need for the fonts immediately. I could have waited, and been a jerk... but why?

Sabers are supposed to be fun... and I also wanted people to see the versatility of the files being changeable/swappable.

CF can be so much more than "just a saber". Although I also realize that most people don't want to hear ANYTHING different other than the "de facto" movie sounds. I'm not wired that way, though.

6. SO FINALLY... the big point is... TRY DOING SOME OF YOUR OWN EVERYONE! It's fun! Hard work... but imagine how cool it would be to someday see... 50(?) CF fonts? 100? Videos demonstrating them by user X and user Y?

At that point, there will be such a nice repository of fonts... my work may or may not be necessary anymore.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

agreed with nova star making original sound is hard then mixing it right so that it;ll sound good is hard word. I've recently been mixing the silly human saber sound font made out of recording several silly 10 year old obsessed star wars fans. It's hard work to top that I'm running off of trial versions haha love it. oh and my next project will just be whever the hell i want random sounds haha just got to figure out what sounds really really really piss people off.

"We all admit that when we were young before the any real lightsaber toy or sound came out that we all created our own woosh, hum, chash, and all the other various sounds that we thought a lightsaber would make. Now what I going to eventually get around doing to create this voiced lightsaber with the help of some 10 year olds that love lightsabers. Basically I'm creating this for the hell off it but yeah thought it be fun to relive the old days where we voiced everything." my original post

but yeah it takes time but yeah once done i hope you all enjoy a bit of your much much younger days before the creation of a sound board
    Last edited by sekrogue1985; 01-23-2008 at 09:06 AM.
    ...YUP!