Thread: CF + Trustfires = okay?

Default CF + Trustfires = okay?

I know the US2.0/2.1 boards were designed to run with Trustfires... Anyone run their CF with them? I see in the shop the Trustfire is the only battery offered, to me that means people have taken a liking to them and they work well for many different applications...
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

It'll work just fine. The CF will give you a boot sound every time you put freshly charged cells in the holder.

Now, you could still wire up a recharge port to act as a general kill switch (NOT FOR RECHARGING), so you could leave the cells in the saber until they shut down instead fo taking them out after every time, but it depends on how you use a saber. Mine are only on for a couple minutes at a time, so it would work for me, YMMV.

Thanks Jonitus

I also don't have my saber(s) on for long periods of time. There aren't any saber builders near me to duel with so mine are more show pieces and personal 'toys'.

The recharge port for a kill switch idea is cool, I wonder if a small hidden latching switch could serve the same purpose? It would be less wiring than a recharge port and would probably save a bit of space. I know its only 1 less wire but sometimes that's all it takes to make a hilt tight inside
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I used them with a CF in my Starkiller hilt. I did exactly what Jon said, and used a charge port as the kill switch, but there's no reason that a simple little latching switch wouldn't work.

Putting in a hidden switch would be as simple as getting a latching switch from somewhere (I like the sliders used in MR FX's, personally) and wiring it in on the positive battery lead. It's easy enough to do, and to put a resistored accent LED to let you know when the switch is on.