Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Inner Diameter of Hilt Piece!

By "unit" do you mean the sound/light board or something else? I'm hoping to use Erv's new driver for the sound and lights. The other major component that must be designed around is the battery pack, in this case two 3.6 volt rechargeables. With a large enough ID I could have stacked the board on top of one of the two batteries, saving myself a lot of space. With the ID being only 1.25 I won't be able to do this any more. It looks like I should still be able to fit all the guts into the saber, but now I'll have to be a bit more careful about wasting space.

erv's board will fit into the MHS regular hilt sections when attached to Tim's rechargable pack.

Unfortunately Tim's pack is out of stock. But at least that gives you an idea of what works. Somewhere there's a pic erv posted showing you how it fits.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Tim's rechargeable pack also doesn't provide 7.2 volts. What I plan on using isn't exactly a standard battery. The pack I'm using will be just over 4 inches long and .75 in diameter. No worries though, I've been using AutoCad to draw out all of the components and guarantee a good fit. Thanks again for all your help.

Correction, just over 5 inches.

Oh, and I love the squirrel Jedi, firebird.

Are you using Li-Ion 18500s? I have a 7.2v 18650 pack that I wanted to use in my saber, but it got too tight with Corbin's driver and a Hasbro board. I'm hoping that since Erv's board has a narrower footprint that it would also work for me. Those 3.6v batts are chunky.

Those would be the very ones Argyll. They're pretty big around, but they've got more voltage per cubic inch than standard 1.2v AA batteries, so I think in the end it makes more sense. If I can't actually stack the board on top of the batteries I've made sure to have enough room in the hilt to put them end-to-end, but so far things look ok. At .75 of an inch the 3.6v batteries only stick out .06 of an inch more than two AAs placed side by side in a 1.25 ID hilt.