Thread: Black ribbed inner tube for Qui Gon or Kyle Katarn

Default Black ribbed inner tube for Qui Gon or Kyle Katarn

Where can I buy the black ribbed tubing for a Qui Gon or Obi Wan Ep 1 or Kyle Katarn saber?

I would like to build Kyle Katarn's saber. I could use TCSS parts: Blade holder 5, ribbed extension, gender changer, ribbed hilt 2 and pommel 3. It would not be 100% accurate, but it would do.

Sorry for the small size of the pictures. But you can see what I mean.

But what I really want is the black ribbed tubing seen inside Qui Gon's or Obi Wan's Ep 1 Saber then an appropriately sized tube slid over that and cut away to expose the ribbing. I suppose I could find a machinist here to make the center section. I would then use short screws to attach all the pieces - no gurantee of matching threads.

BTW. The price for the O-rings. Is it the price per ring or the price for a pack containing enough rings to cover one ribbed extension? Will the O-rings fit the grooves on the threaded hilts?
    Just a guy with a lightsaber and some questions.

I'd get Tim to cut the grooves into a blank MHS centre tube the size you want them, then just put a plumb pipe over it.

The pipe adds very little to the OD & slides on nice & snug.
    I'm doing a similar 'inner grip' for a friend using MHS. i'll post pics as soon as I get a chance to get it powder coated.

MHS parts list i'd use:

LED Blade holder 5

Pommel 3

4" Double female threaded connector x 2 (custom grooved)

Gender changer (between pommel & doub. Fem)

Double ended male threaded connector (between the doub. Fem's)

1-1/2" x 12" Chrome sink tube

That should do it.

May have to try this one myself someday......

edit: ring issues
    Oh, and the rings are individual, and will fit if the custom rings you want done allow them to. (standard grooves allow them)
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

What you're looking for is a Sump Pump drain kit. Look in the plumbing section of
    either Home Depot or Lowes. I found my first one off of a dryer I found in a junk yard. They shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 dollars. Oh, and one more thing. They move around a lot, so stick a piece of pvc pipe inside to solidify it.

i found this at the home depot. got 24 feet for 8 bucks. it'll slide on a 1 1/4 tube pretty easily, but having trouble fitting it under a 1 1/2 tube right now. looks great tho!