Thread: hilt paint

Default hilt paint

hi what would be the best kind of paint or what not to color a hilt a paint that will work on the metal of the MHS and will not come off or stick to ones hands when held

I think this has been approached/commented on before, but... there are many spray-on paints that can be gotten at major hardware stores that will work.

I bought several to try, not only for grip, but for some variance in color...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

As far as color thats up to your imagination. I would try using automotive paint like for engines. They have a lot of cool colors, its very durable and is made for metal. If you want some kind of paint for grips there are a lot of textured paint out there that you could use and then use a second coat of some other color.
    "Once you accept it, the dark side is with you forever."
    ―Freedon Nadd to Exar Kun

I usually use engine enamel on a smooth surface, or rustoleum after a nice sanding.

I use the Games Workshop Primers. They come in a variety of colors and coat very well.
    "I cannot change the past. I meant to do good. But the dark side is slippery, as you yourself should know. I tried to hide. I tried to die. And finally, I tried to atone." - Ulic Qel-Droma

What grit sandpaper do you use for sanding before rustoleum?
    WHAT THE %*#& IS AN ALUMINIUM FALCON?!

I'll throw another recommendation for appliance epoxy paint. It takes a long time to dry, but is it ever hard once cured!

I'd call it the "poor man's powdercoating"