Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Obi-Dar's Jedi Costume

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Default Obi-Dar's Jedi Costume

Hi all! I just wanted to make a quick post and show off the fruits of my labour.

I showed up for work in costume Wednesday, and kept it on all day. What a hoot! I got a lot of compliments, and people were even more amazed when I told them that I sewed it myself. I guess I don't look like the type that can sew. Who knows?

Even better were the people who had no idea what I was dressed up as. I got all kinds of crazy guesses. One guy thought I was a samurai. OK, that was close. We'll give him half points for that. Another thought I was some Biblical character. He still didn't get it when I hinted that I was a character from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. One older lady thought I was a Cossack. Huh?

A couple of people even brought out their cameras and asked if they could take my picture. Sure, why not. If you dress up in a costume, it's a given that you are going to draw some attention. I went along with it, and had a lot of fun.

Anyway, enough chatter, here are some pictures:

Now, I can't wait for the next convention to come to Toronto.

Looks really good, my costume should be done by tonight. Just a few finishing touches. I'm making Tsyrin's as well, so I'll post pics of us together.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

looks good. I love the belt.

That turned out pretty good!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Very nice. My Sith costume came out allright, just needs some minor modifications. My Jedi still needs some work, I didn't like how it came out.

What did you use for fabric of the outer tunic, obi, and tabbards?

Toil awhile ... endure awhile ... believe always ... and never turn back.

nice! Is that wool? I need to finish up mine someday lol.

Can you post a close up pic of your robes fabric?

All in all looks good.

Needs a inner tunic, Something that comes closer to the neck.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Master

The tunic, obi, and tabbards are a wool blend. If I remember correctly, it's 95% wool, 5% nylon. They called it suiting material. I picked it because I liked the texture and the feel of it. When I washed it, it came out really soft and fuzzy. It's a little warm, but not too bad.

The robe is 95% acrylic, 5% umm... something else. Again, I picked it for the rough texture and the feel of it. It flows nicely when I walk, but I need to shorten the hem a little. I kept picking up leaves and twigs.

You're right, Hasid. I need to make an inner tunic. I wanted to, but I ran out of time so I just used a v-neck t-shirt. It was OK, but it could be a lot better. What material do you think I should use? Simple cotton, or something else?

Here's that close up:

That looks great!

Excellent choice on fabrics!
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

If you're going for a full under tunic, I'd go with cotton, as it's light weight and breathes. If you were to make a "cheater" or ****ie style under tuinc, oyu could use whatever you want, as it is basically a collar, not a shirt.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.