Thread: Corbin's driver and hasbro sound

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Default Corbin's driver and hasbro sound

[img]../scripts/corbinsboardhasbro.jpg[/img]

Let me start off by saying that this design is not approved by Corbin yet. I modified his drawing to show how to hook up his driver (the 3w driver I sell) and the hasbro sound modules I sell with only 1 momentary switch. I have tested this and it seems to work great but try it at your own risk. One nice side effect that I liked is that if you tap the switch very fast you can get just corbins driver to turn on for those times you dont want sound. Of course you need to tap it again without triggering the sound to set it back to normal. Only takes a minute to master but can be confusing. If you dont want the clash effect (which only seems to work some of the time) just dont hook up the 2 pink wires. I only tested it with 4AA but should work with 5 as corbin recommends for the 3w LED.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Hello Tim
    Corbin and I collaberated on this design as you can see by the original diagram, I am using this setup in the Led Hilt I bought from you except I am using an Ultra Sound Board instead of Hasbro. I did go with the DPDT(Mom) Switch but added a second SPST Locking Switch on the + Battery Side as a master reset since the 2 boards sometimes get out of sync, I have noticed that the Clash(Led) effect only works on really hard impacts but the sound always works and on Light impacts the Led still mildly fluctuates simulating a power surge. Also I asked Corbin about using 5 Batteries and he told me this was only necessary if you use rechargables, I also use 4AA's and it works fine.

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.

Yes that is the layout corbin has posted on other forums. I was trying to show a way to get away from the DPDT switch as they are allot harder to find than the momentary and cost more.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Would it work just the same if i took off the momentary switch on the hasbro and replace it with one of Tim's switches. the momentary switch seems kinda flat and i want to have that bulk button look.

I have surrendured to the ways of the darkside. Fear is my ally

My normal switches are latching and wont work correctly. I will have ones that look the same but are momentary soon.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

What you can do is what I did on this hilt, I used a really small Dpdt and attached it to the bottom of a Graflex Pushbutton Sw so it has the AHN Look.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> My normal switches are latching and wont work correctly. I will have ones that look the same but are momentary soon.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Well Tim eventhough your switches won't work with these Boards I really like the Look of them, do you have any spec's on your Pushbuttons? I have one left over and want to use it on my Van to switch the 2nd Tank Switchover Valve using your red Cover it would give it the Heavy Duty Industrial look I am seeking.

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.