Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seoul P4 green?? Brighter than the REBEL?

Default Seoul P4 green?? Brighter than the REBEL?

I don't know if this is old news but Led-tech.de is offering a Seoul P4 green with a max lumen at 180, higher then the REBEL!

Heres the link:
    http://www.led-tech.de/de/High-Power...66_121_78.html

They do offer other colors but you cant beat a good old green blade

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That is actualy on par with the Rebel. The Rebels are listed at 700mA but you can take them to 1000mA.

So the Rebel has a lot of top room to go higher than what you are seeing listed.

Even so the tiny Rebel has some kick. The left is a LOW binned Rebel (95 @700 ma, actually at 1000mA for pic) and right is the 130 lumen K2. Tell me that's not.

http://www.incomsabers.com/images/rebcomp.jpg

The middle is a top binned one. While it was fuller I think the LED could give more if I had proper equipment to reflow solder it with. I fear that I damage it slightly with too much heat. I'm going home this weekend so I may try with better stuff.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    That is actualy on par with the Rebel. The Rebels are listed at 700mA but you can take them to 1000mA.

So the Rebel has a lot of top room to go higher than what you are seeing listed.

Even so the tiny Rebel has some kick. The left is a LOW binned Rebel (95 @700 ma, actually at 1000mA for pic) and right is the 130 lumen K2. Tell me that's not.

http://www.incomsabers.com/images/rebcomp.jpg

The middle is a top binned one. While it was fuller I think the LED could give more if I had proper equipment to reflow solder it with. I fear that I damage it slightly with too much heat. I'm going home this weekend so I may try with better stuff.
    Is it still worth a try? you win this round Xwing

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Sure, I'm just saying don't count those Rebels out! In my experience they put out a lot!

Maybe when I put in a order with LED-tech I'll get one... have to sort out my current order though.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

What good are the Rebels without optics though, right?
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar
    There are optics... how do you think I took the pictures? That's not a tri-rebel, it's a single.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar
    Here you go Nova

http://www.led-tech.de/de/High-Power...9_106_108.html

HEY GUYS that 180 lumens is nothin,u can get green at285 lumens and blue at 66,and red at 200 at this german sight

the seoul eve haves a 47 lumen orange led,i wonder if its real orange or just amber? and is 47 lumen alot for the color orange is the question

www.leds.de

Hey x wing i like that picture comparison u showed,but i have a question foryou,you know how the green k2 gives that real good vibriant green? and movie like blue?

are the luxeon rebels the same? or are they different or more like the luxeon5 watts in color?
    Master Yoda you survived, SURRPRISEd?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ooo... another german site to buy from! They always seem to be up and ahead in the LED stuff.

The Green 285 you're looking at is a triple... same issue as the other triples. OPTICS!

Ewww... they're shipping to the US sucks! I'd buy if not for that. LED-tech pissed me off. It'll be at least 2 wees before they correct my order if no feet dragging occurs.

For the Rebel Color? The K2 looked frickin' dingy compared to the K2. More vibrant, but essentially the same shade minus the brightness difference I was getting.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Hmmmph @ 'puny' 285 lumens...the same site has this Osram Ostar white star with OVER A THOUSAND LUMENS! :P

http://www.leds.de/product_info.php?...B--1120lm.html

It looks like it would take a LOT of juice and might need active cooling [?] but it also says this is a standard sized star...hmmmm...

Could this be a basis for a 'daylight saber' of the future?

[yeah, yeah I know...optics, optics, optics...well at least worries about filters 'dimming' the saber would be a thing of the past eh? ]