Thread: D-rings

Default D-rings

For those of you out there with D-rings on your saber... what do you use to hang it from your belt?

I am going to use a D-ring on my saber for accurateness, but I'm debating making a little space somewhere for a covertec knob, just because it'd be pretty sweet to have that (maybe cut one of the grips a little shorter and stick the knob at the very bottom sorta thing). however, if i can find a suitable device for hanging the D-ring from, i guess i could go with that.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I have a belt clip key ring holder. I used pliers to remove the "safety"

cost me 2 bucks at home depot by the key machine

Quote Originally Posted by ArkaiHalon
    I have a belt clip key ring holder. I used pliers to remove the "safety"

cost me 2 bucks at home depot by the key machine
    sweet deal, thanks for the input i will look into that

I bent a piece of metal, drilled two holes and riveted it to my belt.

hmm, alright...

i just realized something else... if i use a covertec knob and use the screw recommended, do i need to tap a hole or just drill one? it's going to be in a sink tube so there's not too much metal to grab onto, i guess...

You'll need to do both. Drill and tap it. If you don't tap, the thread from the screw wont catch anything. Use a 8-32's drill and tap set from homedepot/lowes. Also don't forget to line up the switch and the covertec so it's right. I didn't do that the first time and they don't line up at all, it looks pretty bad.

line up the switch? you mean to get like a symmetric look, right? that's assuming you want a symmetric look :P i think i'm going to go by how the saber is positioned when hanging off the clip. maybe with the top facing forward, so the knob on the right side

yeah. I just couldn't remember the word at the time when I wrote that. I did it opposite of the switch. Looks good that way. Either that or 90 degrees to the switch looks alright.