Thread: 7.2v LI-ION batt pack

Default 7.2v LI-ION batt pack

I have to say its great to see a li-ion batt pack finally the only problem is the low mah rating i have 3 li-ion batts and they are 3.7v and 2200 mah each i gutted them from a portable dvd player they were connected in parallel i was thinking you could prolly do the same thing with your li-ion packs or find a cell with a bit higher mah rating and run a serial and parallel setup on them. just my 2 cents worth

Heres a link to some pretty good batt packs
    http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=1199
    http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=2439

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Those 2200mAh ones are probably 18650's... the ones in the pack tim is using are 14500's. It's not a matter of getting better ones, they're not even the same size. It's like comparing a AA to AAA.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

is Tim planning on stocking the bigger ones?

Last I knew, he had a few in, but not part of the store. Send him an email to see if he has any left.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

The bigger ones..in my opinion are too big unless you just want a single 3.6v. Two 18650's side by side wont fit the MHS and end to end they are very long.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, 18650's are a very hard thing to fit in a hilt.

Perhaps a 18500 stick? That's the same as stacked AA's so it should be better in space and amperage.

Personally I'm in love with the c-size li-ions (3300mAh). 1" diameter means they fit in an MHS and stacked are maybe 4.5" long. I don't think Tim wants to futz with making packs of them though as I've only seen the cells themselves.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

How about a 2+2 stick pack of 18500? That way we'd get the 7.4 volts, but twice the capacity. That, and it would physically fit in the MHS and sinktubes nicely and allow nesting of soundboards on top of it.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You mean 2+2 14500's? That'd be the 4AA size for 7.2V and 1400mAh. You could always just do that with what he has though.
    RED LEADER Standing by!