Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1ST SABER COMPLETED!

Default 1ST SABER COMPLETED!

ok i FINALLY finished my first saber after TONS of work. the overlays are just basic sink tube cut w/ a dremel (1st time handling a dremel too) the pommel is spray painted (1st time painting metal). the gold ring is sink tube w/ the chrome sanded off. inside i'm running a green k2, corbin's driver, and a MR board for sound. the hole for the switch had to be widened a bit with a file to accommodate for the larger DPDT switch. Let me know what you think!

the blade has a lining of 6-7ft of polypropylene inside corbin's film and looks incredible. here are before and after shots of the blade first with just corbin's film and then with the polypropylene/corbin combination.

lights on w/out PolyP vs lights on w/ PolyP

lights off w/out PolyP vs lights off w/ PolyP

A very interesting design... I like how you modified the "graflex hilt concept" to give it your own touches. I also like the "gold" parts, itīs a nice touch. Iīd work a little more on the shroud, though, but thatīs just my personal view

So does it have sound

Looks awesome, great job.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Awesome work. very OT

Quote Originally Posted by MATRIXtjb
    So does it have sound
    "an MR board for sound"

Uhhhhhh..........what happened to the pics?
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

Definitely like the gold accents, pretty neat for spray-paint. Personally I don't go a bundle on such prominent buttons, but that's just me.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

That turned very nice for your first saber!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

sorry if the images are broken from time to time. i have them uploaded on an old geocities.com account i have. Normally it's fine but for some reason lately the site has been going down for no reason. i'll try to put them up on imageshack or something like that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus Lupus
    Personally I don't go a bundle on such prominent buttons, but that's just me.
    i agree actually. i couldn't find a DPDT switch that fit any better. i had to buy it online and it was the only one that looked like it could fit the switch hole in the mhs piece. i still had to file the hole once i got the switch and by that point i didn't feel like trying to find another.

Quote Originally Posted by Vazan Maceu
    Iīd work a little more on the shroud, though, but thatīs just my personal view
    maybe so... that particular cut wasn't the best and by the time i got done filing and sanding all the overlay stuff i was just ready to put it all together. considering that it was my first attempt at the overlay there were very few imperfections.

i only can see the first three pictures...