Thread: Something you don't see everyday.

Default Something you don't see everyday.

Being new to Idaho, I have been having fun seeing the sites, partaking in local festivities, and enjoying my new pace of life. Today the wife and I took our son to a U-pick pumpkin patch so our son could pick out his Halloween pumpkins.

While we there, I saw a familiar shape down the road. A ****pit from a vintage airliner. Being a vintage airplane enthusiast, I had to drive down the road to take a picture of it.

While I was snapping the picture above, I heard a low rumble and knew what I was looking for before I turned around.

It's not everyday you see a Grumman F7F Tigercat. Let alone one flying less than 1000 feet away and 30 feet off the ground (attacking a wheat field no less). The Tigercat is a fairly rare warbird and getting to see one in the air and not on the airshow circuit was a big thrill. He did a few passes over the field and headed back to the airport. Both my son and I were pretty jazzed.

Oh, and if the wife will let me, I am going to see Edgar Winter in a Halloween concert for the local Harley dealer's shop. If you don't know who he is, google Edgar Winter and Frankenstein. That's old school rock for you young whipper-snappers.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

that must have been an awesome feeling.
    h

You aren't kidding that you don't see those every day! Wow!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quite the spy there Ace, Just north of town i presume? The horizon line looks familiar enough. There is a vintage airplane collector in rexburg i know, he crashed one of his planes 2 years ago... not sure which it was but i do know there were only about a dozen known to be left. He lived but it caused some serious havoc on the highway between IF and Rigby for several hours.
    FSM What's on your belt?

SuperT: Actually, the pumpkin patch is down Ammon Road, about 3 miles South of Sunnyside. I am hoping to get over to the airport and check out that hanger with all the warbirds in it. I here they do fighter restorations and I may volunteer some time if I can.

Oh, thanks for the heads up on the Halloween party at the school, I think we are going to take Nick there. I will try and PM you later with a few other things.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

very cool and some nice pics ace!

BLUE 3- Ready

Those pictures are gorgeous! I love the view in general, and the plane is a PLUS!