Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: lookin into better speakers

Default lookin into better speakers

so i got a crystal focus v1.2, tried it out and found i couldnt go too loud without distortion on tims speaker, i evntualy fried the speaker lol (got another 2 on order from tim now) anyways i got looking around on the net and found a distributer for micro speakers. found some on there site that r the same size of tims exactly, but there rated for 1.5w and have a max of 2w. if i manage to get some im gonna put a video on youtube, also i will send tim one if he wants for the price i paid and shipping so he can c if he wants to sell them.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Did you have the older ones or the newer premium speakers?

Tim's newer premium speakers are rated up to 1W. I've used them on all versions of Erv's board and it's just fine... you won't be getting anything better by higher rated speakers.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

yes it was the new one, i only got it 3 days ago, anyways 1.5 to 2w is better then 1w dont u think xwing. more watts is always better, louder, cleaner. if uve ever taken any electrical courses u would know this
    like sub woofers in a car, a 12inch sub at 200watts isnt gonna b as loud and clean as a 12inch 500watt

and like ive said i already found them, they have 29mm ones as well that r 2.2w

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Maybe a bit cleaner, but were already at the point where we'd be splitting hairs to tell the difference. Proper resonance is going make more of an impact than the wattage rating.

I gone through a bunch of plecter boards and never blown ANY speaker much less the premium ones he has now. So... yes, cleaner. Mayhaps...

Louder, nope. You're the first I've heard of "blowing" one so in my experience it was no fault of the speakers power that it did.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

i wasnt saying it bluew b/c of the board, i only mentioned hat it wasnt loud enough. and yes resonance can make it a bit louder but a speakre rated higher will b able turn the volume up higher without distortion, and the speakr blew b/c of a termilal in saber came apart and shorted out
    anyways the point is with a higherwatt speaker can turn the volume up and get louder without distortion

with tims speaker i find i can only turn the volume on the board up like a third of the way without distortion

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I guess you're more picky then because lots of people have used the premium speaker and haven't complained about any of that. I certainly don't have a problem with it... if anything my neighbors would like it if I turned the sound down on them.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

ok xwing im looking into a product to better the whole saber cumunity not just me or u, stop thinking u know everything and stop thinking that everyone is the same as u, there r many that would like louder, cleaner sound, so stop trying to shoot people down trying to bring a good product to the cummunity.
    if the board is capable of going louder, y not find a speakr that can handle it without dstortion right?? makes sense doent it, and like i said resonace can do so much, if u have space for it, and it can only do so much. im limited on space, and many other people r as well, and with the board only turned up a third of the way its only as loud as a mr mayb a touch quieter even, so if we can get a speaker to perorm better under these circumstanes makes sense doesnt it

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Calm down... jeez...

I'm just saying I certainly have been able to turn my boards up more than a third and they sound louder than an MR even without resonance. I just don't see the need... because I've never encountered it not being powerful enough.

Since you like real world analogies. Yes, I can look for crazy gold plated cables that have some crazy high quality for your home theater system... but really who's going to notice if you didn't use them.

It's like the difference between... 1A and 1.5A on a K2. I'd honesty have to compare them side by side to notice. Volume is that way too... with such a small speaker I doubt anyone is going to walk up to your saber and say "Ohh... you're using a 1W speaker?".
    RED LEADER Standing by!