Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Color? Cree? UV? What? YAY!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

IDK... a sun tan.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Once the uV is filtered through what ever blade diffuser your are using you couldn't even get a decent tan from darn thing let alone any eye hazard
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

Awesome.....thanx guys...was worried bout burning out my eyz ballzez....

"Life tests you! Everyday it brings new chances for triumph or defeat.
    And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."

-Qui-Gon Gin

Of course if you remove the blade DO NOT look at the led or shine it at anyones eyes otherwise you could seriously damage them.

The other thing about alot of plastics is that they do fluoresce under UV light which is why the sabre that uses normal 5mm UV leds is so effective. Im certanly gong to be trying one at at some point.
    Phil Higgins

Yeah, I'm anxious to see which material diffuses the best with this - I have just gotten in my supply of UltraBlades, and I have a few TCSS diffuser tubes around as well, (which reminds me, I need to order more soon...)

I think that this will look best going with X-Wing's method of putting the PolyP film inside of a nylon tube, because the tube will (hopefully) flouresce, and the film will keep it even then entire length.

And actually, that 15-watt does look like it'll fit in a hilt. I don't even want to think about the power or cooling requirements, though...

I haven't ordered any of those yet, I'm putting off the headlight project a few months. When I do get one (and find a suitable power supply) I'll throw one up a LED blade, just for S&G, and maybe post a pic...

I just ordered a red and a UV so we'll see. I'll post pics and comparison pics to a Lux III red.
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

I just noticed that Kai said that a 375 nm version of that UV led was available as well. I think I'll tack that on to my next order, just to see the difference. A lot of people think of 410 as actually outside of UV, but I think it will be perfect for what we want, a purple blade. I think the 375 nm will flouresce more though, and I'd like to see the difference.

I tried to contact them the other day and still have not heard back regarding the lower wavelenght LEDs... Have you heard anything back dregan?
    FSM What's on your belt?

I haven't heard back either. I understand that they were having a DDoS attack (again) and were a little busy recently, so that probably accounts for it.

My UV shipped yesterday, or so I'm told. After it gets here (I try to only have one order open at a time with any vendor) I'll see about the lower wavelength.