Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Custom Hilt - Darth Talon

Council Member
    Jedi Master

WOW

not much else to say

That saber is gorgeous, I'm planning a sculpted saber hilt pretty soon and I would be ecstatic if it came out half that nice.

So when do we get to see the full ensemble?? There aren't many good Darth Talon's out there and if you put the same effort into the costume as you did the saber I'm sure it will be fantastic.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

you did a fantastic job there Pam, the saber looks so very organic

"During the constuction there was no doubt as to what I would name her, this saber is mine, this is Fury" - Mcich Felwind

WANT!!! now all metallic sabers look borin to meh!!! Must have MOAR OIL CLAY!!!! yep i think i might make my 2nd custom saber out of oil clay and resin, if my parents let me make a 2nd one dat is...
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Indeed. It will be good to see it finished. Keep it up

Maverick

In the cantina drinkin' Colt 45's with Lando

Siiiiiiiiiiiiick... now get it painted!

DDD

That is, hands down, the best sculpted saber I've ever seen. You're very talented, and should be proud.

thats a really swweet saber, is that clay or expoxy putty??? or wat?

Wow.... thanks for the kudos, everyone. This was my first time doing the electronics in a saber, and my first time sculpting the hilt for one, and it was a learning experience on both counts. I've really had a lot of fun with this saber project, and I too am looking forward to seeing how it will look when it's all finished. As for the rest of the Talon costume... I'm still working on it, bit by bit. It's a complicated outfit, especially with all of the leather work and lekku, and the need to make stencils for all of the tattoos... and I am admittedly slow as molassass when I'm working on my costumes!

My original plan had been to do the saber hilt sculpting in oil clay and then make a mold from that, but I decided to give sculpting putty a try instead. I used silver Apoxy sculpt, which isn't all that silver or all that metallic... but it's still a good base. It's tedious work because you have to mix up small amounts of putty and keep blending new putty into already cured parts of the design, but once it cures, that is some really tough stuff!

Pam
    Pam Simpson
    501st Legion - EU Detachment CO
    Rebel Legion - Endor Base
    Pam's Twi'lek Creations: http://chucrew.com/Twilek/Twilek.htm
    Pam's Jade Creations: http://chucrew.com/Mara/MaraJade.htm

http://chucrew.com/Banner.jpg

Isn't it amazing when we guys make sabers, it looks great... Up until a girl shows up and totally flattens us with her artistic ability LOL.