Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Expo 2007 Tulsa OK. VERY PIC INTENSE

Default Star Trek Expo 2007 Tulsa OK. VERY PIC INTENSE

well guys, the con went really well. i got mobbed by hundreds of folks wanting pics each day.

the V1 vortex unit and JBL ontour speakers worked flawlessly. everyone could understand and hear me from over 10 feet away. so it worked perfectly. only issue i had was the MR ROTS lid was darn heavy. after 3 hours the top of my head was hurting and sore, and the neck and shoulders were hurting. so round 3 hours was my limit for what i could stand to wear the lid. i wore it without taking it off till it was time to swap out costumes each day. the LA leather bodysuit was great. i hardly broke a sweat, and was comfy the whole time.

heres the pics:

Commander tear this building apart till you find the other jedi, and bring me the civillians, I WANT THEM ALIVE!!

some fans wanting pics with myself:

i think i will call him, mini vader!!

Vader meets hHarry Potter charachters:

youse is talll!

ahh, a jedi to destroy!!

whered he go?????

i captured leia in here slave outfit!

more fan shots:

the leia above and this jedi are from the Tulsa Fan Force club. i know them well.

I have you now, George!!! he reminded me of GL himself.

lady wanted a baby shot with vader!

i know this guy as the Borg. he shows up every year, and his costume looks great.

this is my favorite shot. the actress Andee Fizzell who plays the Wraith Queen on Stargate Atlantis, requested my presence for a personal shot on her camera, so i had the wife pop one off for me as well. nevermind the goober ion the crappy vader costume, i know this guy from over the years, he wont listen when i tell him to ditch the outfit. lol

this guy has the seven of nine car that every year he gets the stars to sign the car. i mean a full size driveable car too, not a model.

more fan shots:

Borg guy again:

Iv'e been waiting for you, Yoda!

another Leia i discovered hiding someplace in the building!

and heres one that sows even a kid loved Vader!

and a couple of my jedi costume with mini vader. here shows off my new MHS TCSS hilt, with a green LV luxeon running off a buckpuck driver. see how darn bright this thing is?

thats just a small sample of the pics that were takin of me. i guess i had well over a couple hundred shots taken of the vader. and 2 other things also took place,
    i was offered a chance to go to the schools and the local TCC tulsa community college to speak as VADER in fron of the kids to tell them to stay in school, study, and go on to college. so that is something i will do next year. i figure thats a good thing to do to tell the kids to not drop out of school go on and maybe someday things like sabers and such might be a reality. ya know, the future is in their hands type thing!

I also got interviewed in Vader costume by the local channel 6 TV station that come in Saturday. i was on TV that night on the news! now that was cool!!!

hope you guys enjoy the pics, i had a absolute blast!!

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

ok first off that is so cool that you would go to the schools and tell the kids to stay in school.. secondly where did you get that vader costume?? got a link to the place where you got it?

Wiccan Jedi, I am high priest Khaos Lyfer

Just remember you are "unique"....Just like everybody else.
    i wonder what time it is on Coruscant

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

OUTSTANDING LAN!

Your pics look great!

only two small constructive criticisms,
    One -once you suit up, have someone check that your belt is even, and
    second -your shoulder bells are folding over the armor slightly.

I have the same problem with my belt, I have to have someone put it on extra tight, so the weight of my saber don't drag one side down.

You bare a slight resemblence to Captain Picard in your Jedi Garb Bro, that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by darth ney
    .. secondly where did you get that vader costume?? got a link to the place where you got it?
    You mean does he have about 10 links -This is NOT a boxed costume

If you have about 4 Grand laying around, you can piece together one also.
    Your first grand you'll spend on the helmet alone.

How do I know? I own two, and they're only available on Ebay for a very limited time right now.

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312
    501st Legion Midwest Garrison

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Ney, he pieced the whole thing together. Try looking in the 230ish page thread devoted to the Darth Vader costume.

Lan, looks like ya had a blast man! That little kid hugging big scary Darth Vader, so cute.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

You weren't, by any chance, arguing with KITT... Where you???

Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Too cool, Lan! And I have to agree with Wolverine, you do bear a decent resemblence to Picard! Maybe you should do a "Trek" Captain's costume next!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Wolverine,, the rots cod i have now has box notches spots so the boxes were nestled snugly and securely right in those notches. i think what your seeing, as i noticed, the wife stuck the buckle on the belt a lil off centered. it makes it look kinda off a bit. but it was straight, we did check that each day. also cuz they were secured in those notches, it might have been the cod belt that wasnt tight enough. and caused a lil leaning to that side. but not alot.

but i had to rely on her to attach the buckle and couldnt see it was high or low on the belt. still it wasnt bad, as noone even said anything more than OMG!!!!! when they seen me.

even Richard Anderson, who was Oscar Goldman of the six million dollar man, when he seen me, just repeated WOW for 5 minutes straight, that was amuzing.

and now that i see the pics, your right on the bells, people were touching my shoulders, and the bells got out of alignment a lil bit, stepping on the cape and such a few times too. you know the drill?

i need to loosen the mounts up and readjust it again. but for all the rough treatment they recieved on those 3 days, they never broke off, so i can surely say my mounting method is tried and proven to work.

thanks guys for all the compliments, i just wished i had got to see myself on TV that night. im gonna try to logon the online TV station site and see if i can get it through the archived footage area.

and yes, i posed for a arguement shot with the KITT car upstairs above the con. that was just a fun shot i wanted.

by the way, whered that KITT shot come from, i only seen a couple guys up there, and one was filming me the whole time i was there?

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by LAN-ED-TUL
    ...people were touching my shoulders, and the bells got out of alignment a lil bit, stepping on the cape and such a few times too. you know the drill?

I know it all too well pal.

My favorite, is when a kid slams his finger into one of your chestbox buttons, and says "WHAT DOES THIS DO ???"

I told him it makes his allowance disappear when his parents have to replace it!

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312

yeah, i had only 3 people that tried that, but thanks to Moro Kadon on the first night and the wife the 2nd and 3rd nights, thay never got to do anything like that. jus the posing pic folk would sometimes get a lil rough on the bells, not meaning too.

im wondering if one of the guys i seen at the KITT car was firebird?

cuz that pic was taken from where i seen one of them standing. yeah i always like TREK too. im a lil more partial to the old trek tho. but hey, i might do a Picard costume sometime.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by LAN-ED-TUL
    ... but hey, i might do a Picard costume sometime.
    You'd be a hit

You know how them "Trekkies" hate StarWars fans though?!

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312