Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Saber design contest!!

Here's my first entry. Hopefully it will be able to use Erv's Crystal Focus Saber core and a Lux K2 (I forgot to add that to the image XD)

No name as of yet though but here it is:

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I have a name and an idea for switches that I think would work well. I know it's a long beast... I like it that way, but maybe it can be toned down. Copper is expensive... probably can be anodized for such a large batch.

I also envision this being a set screw construction. There would be set screws installed in the grips to hold the various pieces together.

custom MHS emmitter, MHS ribbed section modified with circular cut grooves, mid-section is a 6 inch milled slot MHS part, switch box, MHS pommel modified by a style 5 pommel screwed into the back of a style 3 pommel.

My first entry, the D-Sider:

From pommel to blade holder: MPS Pommel style 3, Machined button for Covertec clip, 2x MHS ribbed extension, 2" Double female threaded connector, and Screw on LED blade holder style 5. The custom piece is a metal sleeve, cut with that demi-hex shapes, and a second smaller sleeve over the first one, near the emitter, placed looking opposite the first one, creating some sort of "ring" to make the activation button slightly recessed. The neck section of the blade holder is painted gold.

My second Entry:

Uses Erv's latest Crystal Focus, K2 LED and the Covertech doubles as a recharge port (If possible). I also realised, after uploading, that the blade retention is missing. It would be on the top (Same side as Activator).

EDIT: Also holds a 1" Corbin style battle blade

I couldn't give the exact length as I don't know how long the neck is, but this is pretty much all MHS based.

Hope you all like it:

[EDIT] Ok I changed the entry, here goes. I think I got it all in the pic.

Thats really it. Oh and its name is NARSEN.

I give you ArkaiHalon's "DarkHeart".

After looking at his original design, I noticed several problems. Assuming that the diameter of the saber in his drawing was the standard 1.5 inches, the saber was actually 16 inches long and not the 13 inches that he had originally posted. Furthermore, I needed to add some length to the section between the emitter and the neck piece to accomodate the two buttons he wanted to place there. To keep the overall look of the saber balanced, the grip section had to be quite long. The result was a real monster, a 16.75 inch long saber. I talked it over with Ark and decided to go back to the drawing board. Now I present "DarkHeart Revised".

By moving the buttons down onto the grip section, I was able to make the emitter section considerably smaller. This in turn allowed me to shrink down the grip section and still maintain overall aesthetic balance. The revised design can also do away with two custom parts, the custom m/f extension between the emitter and the neck and the custom grip. With an overall length of 14.75 this saber is still quite large, but not nearly as bad as it had been.

On behalf of Darth Ney I give you Damnation, a vast improvement on his first submission.

Design #1
    WHAT THE %*#& IS AN ALUMINIUM FALCON?!

Second submission: